Bubbles?

mafig

When we were on the Joy in the Haven we noticed that the hot tubs didn't have any bubbles.  We thought, perhaps, they were broken.  However, I've read in a few places that there aren't bubbles in some (all?) of the Norwegian hot tubs.  Is this true?  I'm used to being in a caldron.  LOL

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, shof515 said:

on the ships ive been on, there is a button you need to press to turn on the bubble machine thing. the button is near the hot tub

No, we tried that on Joy......no bubbles.😥

I'm very surprised that any ship still has an aerator in the hot tubs.  Back in the early 2000's, we were directed to disconnect them on NCL.  The reason is that the temperature of the water in the hot tub is the optimum breeding temperature for legionella bacteria (Legionnaire's disease), and since this is an aerosol disease, creating air bubbles in this potentially dangerous environment just provides the optimum transmission vector to get the bacteria into your lungs. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

We were just on MSC's Seashore in the Yacht Club.  There were so many bubbles in the hot tub that I couldn't keep my sunglasses dry.  If I remember correctly, bubbles were also to be found on Celebrity's ships.  So DH and I thought that Norwegian's hot tubs were broken.  

1 hour ago, mafig said:

We were just on MSC's Seashore in the Yacht Club.  There were so many bubbles in the hot tub that I couldn't keep my sunglasses dry. 

Although it should be obvious, if you have a hot tub on your balcony that has a bubbles function, DO NOT add soap/bubble bath.....

128-Copy.jpg

....and anyone on your side of the ship will appreciate it. 

• Haha 2

The BIG hot tub in the Spice H2O (aft) on the Joy do have bubbles - you press some buttons on side of tub. March 2022.

Also I went into a hot tub with bubbles on the Star. July 2022.

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I honestly thought (was hoping? 🤣) that this was another thread about bringing bottled-bubbles on the ship to blow off of the balcony.  That was a really fun thread....

Now I need to read this thread 

I was actually wondering about doing this 😂

8 hours ago, mafig said:

When we were on the Joy in the Haven we noticed that the hot tubs didn't have any bubbles.  We thought, perhaps, they were broken.  However, I've read in a few places that there aren't bubbles in some (all?) of the Norwegian hot tubs.  Is this true?  I'm used to being in a caldron.  LOL

Sounds like Joy's bubble maker could be  broken. We had bubbles in the hot tub at the main pool area on Prima. What you may have heard is that the pools in Prima's thermal suite do not have bubbles. We also had bubbles on Getaway in March, Pearl in May, and Breakaway in September.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SunshineGal2022 said:

Now I need to read this thread 

I was actually wondering about doing this 😂

I'll save you the search.  Doing such a thing is either a) a harmless, innocent way to have fun or b) an awful thing for somebody to do (it leaves a mess for the crew to clean up, it creates a slipping safety hazard, it annoys every balcony around you because those awful bubbles might float into their "space," it pollutes the ocean and kills the whales - okay, that last one may not have actually been posted....😎)

• Haha 3

On 12/4/2022 at 9:54 AM, mafig said:

All depends on what you are talking about.  Do you mean turning on the jets, if so that is easy to do.  There is a button on the hot tub.  Do you mean actual bubbles forming on the top of the water.  That is never a good thing, it is a sign that the water is dirty in a on-sanitary way.My friend and I used to sell hot tubs and many times people would come in and ask why there are so many bubbles in the tub.  The answer is that they were not cleaning the tub often enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1