Harmony food.

98TUNNER

We had fabulous food in the Windjammer on Mariner OTS.  Going on Wonder OYS seas next month.

We've never had 'bad' food in the Windjammer on any Royal ship.  One person may hate the food and the next love it.  If I don't have to cook it, I love it.  Too many picky eaters on CC.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

If I don't have to cook it, I love it.

I guess I have higher standards than this.  If this were the case for me, then I would love every single restaurant I've ever been to!

Edited by time4u2go

3 hours ago, as3369 said:

We are scheduled on Harmony next month.  I have read several negative review on MDR food.  I'm keeping my eye out and if UDP has a "Christmas Sale", we will book it.

Plenty of positive and negative posts here ( always when the topic is food ). Ive been on Harmony and Allure recently. I think you may find that your food experience to be somewhere in the middle unless you have high expectations  ( which i do not for cruise ships ) for the free offering restaurants. Ive never been a huge mdr fan. Maybe too many people in one setting for me? Have a nice trip!

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I hope you do a posting about your food experience, especially if you do not do the UDP.  We do not have the UDP but I did make a reservation for 150 on Day 5 of our upcoming 8 Day sailing in February.

We have heard good / great reviews about 150 on other Oasis Class ships but do not recall one specific to Harmon right now.  

I will.  🙂

On 12/7/2022 at 5:30 PM, DaKahuna said:

I hope you do a posting about your food experience, especially if you do not do the UDP.  We do not have the UDP but I did make a reservation for 150 on Day 5 of our upcoming 8 Day sailing in February.

We have heard good / great reviews about 150 on other Oasis Class ships but do not recall one specific to Harmon right now.  

RCCL posted another sale today for the UDP so we booked today.  Unfortunately I won't be able to comment on the MDR dining experience.

Once again I haven't read all posts in this thread.  So, excuse me if this has already been posted.

Judging food on a particular ship for others or giving a review of the food on any one ship may not mean much or anything at all to those that follow you on a subsequent cruise.  Food is only as good as it's culinary staff (yes quality has a lot to do with it, as well).  A good culinary staff can take even lesser quality food and make it taste great.  But, I digress.  The culinary staff you had on your cruise this week may completely change on the next cruise.  You will never see/read me ask about the taste of food on one ship or another.  It means nothing unless you know the culinary staff isn't changing for the next, or whenever, cruise.  The crew on ships change often, thousands of separate contracts changing all the time.  

The posting of food reviews on a particular ship is a selfless/generous way to spend one's time in an effort to help.  Despite what I've said, I appreciate those that do it.  It just needs to be known that the culinary staff changes just like the rest of the crew.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, as3369 said:

RCCL posted another sale today for the UDP so we booked today.  Unfortunately I won't be able to comment on the MDR dining experience.

Great - hopefully one of the Speciality Restaurants that you dine in and can comment on is 150.

16 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

The posting of food reviews on a particular ship is a selfless/generous way to spend one's time in an effort to help.  Despite what I've said, I appreciate those that do it.  It just needs to be known that the culinary staff changes just like the rest of the crew.  

Point well taken and is understood.  I totally agree that food and service are both objective but it does help us to hear others opinions when evaluating whether or not to dine in a specific venue or order a specific item from the menu. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Great - hopefully one of the Speciality Restaurants that you dine in and can comment on is 150.

Point well taken and is understood.  I totally agree that food and service are both objective but it does help us to hear others opinions when evaluating whether or not to dine in a specific venue or order a specific item from the menu. 

I'm not arguing or trying to debate with you on this.  If you have a desire for such information, that's great and your thing.  No problem at all.  I tend to read at least partially a post of a food review/critique.  But, I do not make judgements or decisions based on the review/critique.  

However, for me, unless you are on the same sailing as the person making the review/critique, it doesn't mean that the food will be of the same quality or preparation on your subsequent cruise.  In fact, it doesn't mean that the fantastic Mac & Cheese in the WJ for lunch today will be the same cook will make it tomorrow.  Yes, they have a standardized recipe and preparation instructions for, I assume, all meals. However, like you said, food and service are both subjective, which adds to my premise. Food reviews, especially on a cruise ship, doesn't mean much. 

4 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

You played right into their hand.

Whatever.. I just went on Adventure in October and the food was horrible in MDR.  I walked out 3 out of the 9 nights and went up to Windjammer.  I'm not going to let $300 ruin my vacation experience.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, as3369 said:

Whatever.. I just went on Adventure in October and the food was horrible in MDR.  I walked out 3 out of the 9 nights and went up to Windjammer.  I'm not going to let $300 ruin my vacation experience.

Windjammer wasn't much better on the Explorer last week. We didn't starve but several nights of fried fish and or spaghetti. We have b2b on her coming up so maybe we should also check out the UDP prices and follow your lead. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Windjammer wasn't much better on the Explorer last week. We didn't starve but several nights of fried fish and or spaghetti. We have b2b on her coming up so maybe we should also check out the UDP prices and follow your lead. 😉

This is the first time for me with UDP so at the end of the day, I look at it as a new experience!

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Definitely plan on 150 as Halibut is my favorite fish!!  And Lobster Thermidor sounds good too.☺️

On 12/7/2022 at 2:14 PM, bretts173 said:

Several negative reviews or just a few very loud ones from the same people who whine about everything. Several is quite a small percentage of the 100s of thousands that have cruised on her this year.

You just dropped your Pom Pom's!!😁

Edited by mpdog42

Well, we will all have to wait until Jan 2023 to see about MDR food and service since it's  all about  to change. This especially  how they serve the food. See the official  announcement from RCL @ 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/12/12/royal-caribbean-will-introduce-new-main-dining-room-menu-january

I hape there's improvement, but somehow  I'm skeptical, especially since our cruise is 1/28/23. I don't  want to be a guinea pig.