Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2023

bluemarble

2 hours ago, The Med said:

Would anyone know the theme for QM2 Transatlantic crossing departing New York on 3rd Jan 2024 please?

We haven’t booked it yet, still deciding but I wondered what the themes might be.

I don't think the dress code and theme schedules have been announced yet for any of the 2024 voyages. I'm hoping we'll start learning those schedules in another month or so. In the mean time, I'll take an educated guess. For several years now Cunard have kept to a standard schedule for 7-night QM2 transatlantic crossings.

For eastbound crossings, the themes have been Red & Gold on the second evening and Roaring Twenties on the sixth evening. For westbound crossings, the themes have been Black & White on the second evening and Masquerade on the sixth evening.

There have only been a couple exceptions I am aware of the past couple years. Last year during the "London Theatre at Sea with the Olivier Awards" eastbound crossing, the theme for the first gala evening was designated as "Oliviers Gala". Once earlier this year, the first gala evening on a westbound crossing was listed as Red & Gold instead of Black & White. Not sure if that was intentional.

• Like 1

I have just booked Cunard for the first time ever, have been on many cruise-lines before. I am going to travel for about 6 weeks in Europe and will not carry to many things, to leave room in my luggage for purchases, which I know are going to be a fact. So when it comes to Gala-nights am I going to be okay with a short cocktail-dress? Going to be moving around to much on planes, trains and ferries to carry 2 suit-cases like I do on the World Cruise.

16 minutes ago, BVILady said:

So when it comes to Gala-nights am I going to be okay with a short cocktail-dress?

The onboard Gala Evening dress code states "floor length dress, ball gown, cocktail dress, smart trouser suit, or formal separates." You should be fine.

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2023 at 6:08 AM, Mudhen said:

We are on the QM2's "Christmas/New Years cruise ('23) I find it odd that a "gala night" is planned for the evening of Jan 1st. I would've thought that it would be Dec. 31st, New Year's Eve. 

We'll of course, follow what ever they'd like, but I find this a little suprising. 

My I ask are you seeing "Roaring Twenties" as the theme for December 28th? I have that evening listed without a theme on the QM2 2023 Dress Code and Theme Schedule document. However, I'm being told elsewhere that evening is now going to be "Roaring Twenties". Can you confirm if you are seeing that now or is December 28th still non-themed?

31 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

My I ask are you seeing "Roaring Twenties" as the theme for December 28th? I have that evening listed without a theme on the QM2 2023 Dress Code and Theme Schedule document. However, I'm being told elsewhere that evening is now going to be "Roaring Twenties". Can you confirm if you are seeing that now or is December 28th still non-themed?

Just to follow up on this, I already have "Roaring Twenties" listed as the theme for January 1, 2024. It seems unlikely Cunard would schedule the same theme on two consecutive gala evenings. Looks like I could use confirmation of the themes now for each of the gala evenings scheduled on the 2023 QM2 Christmas cruise.

On 10/11/2023 at 6:08 AM, Mudhen said:

We are on the QM2's "Christmas/New Years cruise ('23) I find it odd that a "gala night" is planned for the evening of Jan 1st. I would've thought that it would be Dec. 31st, New Year's Eve. 

We'll of course, follow what ever they'd like, but I find this a little suprising. 

On 10/12/2023 at 1:59 PM, Millieloulou said:

We have been checking those dates as well.Seems strange that the Gala night is not on New Years Eve ? That will be the evening that most people will want to “push the boat out “ and get ready to party.New Years day will be a time to relax after getting to bed in the early hours.

Counting the days!

It's me again. I'm being told elsewhere this is the current dress code and theme schedule for the 2023 QM2 Christmas Cruise. This latest schedule has December 31st changed to a gala evening (as well as December 28th changed to Roaring Twenties). Could either of you please confirm if this is now the schedule as listed in the calendar for your voyage in My Cunard? Or am I being given incorrect information?

25 Dec 2023 - Red &Gold

28 Dec 2023 - Roaring Twenties

31 Dec 2023 - Gala Evening (no theme)

8 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

It's me again. I'm being told elsewhere this is the current dress code and theme schedule for the 2023 QM2 Christmas Cruise. This latest schedule has December 31st changed to a gala evening (as well as December 28th changed to Roaring Twenties). Could either of you please confirm if this is now the schedule as listed in the calendar for your voyage in My Cunard? Or am I being given incorrect information?

25 Dec 2023 - Red &Gold

28 Dec 2023 - Roaring Twenties

31 Dec 2023 - Gala Evening (no theme)

Just checked our account and what's written above is correct.....at the moment, anyway!

Glad to see that Dec. 31 is now "Gala"!

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mudhen said:

Just checked our account and what's written above is correct.....at the moment, anyway!

Glad to see that Dec. 31 is now "Gala"!

Thank you for that confirmation. Looks like Cunard realized their mistake scheduling the gala evening for January 1st instead of December 31st. I have updated the QM2 document accordingly.

3 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Thank you for that confirmation. Looks like Cunard realized their mistake scheduling the gala evening for January 1st instead of December 31st. I have updated the QM2 document accordingly.

I jus checked. I also have

12/25 as Gala Red & Gold
12/28 Roaring 20s
12/31 Gala Evening unspecified

This makes WAY more sense than the original schedule, I am happy!

This is for #401

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, bergenbird said:

Looks like the night of the 28th is smart attire...wonder if they will have a third gala night on this voyage!

Are you referring to QM2? Are you on board now? If that's the case, I'm not too surprised they'd change your port day in Castries to Smart Attire. Please let us know how the dress code schedule plays out for the remainder of your voyage.

14 minutes ago, SusanLINY said:

I’m kind of annoyed by the switch because I need to know when to do my hair!

Is this on QM2? I'd like to confirm that so I can update my master schedule to remove the Roaring Twenties Gala originally scheduled this evening if that's the case. And if so, please let me know if they do add another gala later to replace it.