Hello! Newly booked for Royal Caribbean on Wonder of The Seas. Just a couple questions

Hi all!

This isn't our first cruise, but first cruise on a mega-ship. Last cruise we took was 2015 on Freedom.

We chose the week after Easter week in 2024 - 4/7/24 - because we wanted the Western route this time. I know we may still get some spring break crowds, but really want to cruise in April. Normally we go in fall/winter. 

We chose my-time dining, how far in advance can we reserve our time? Just want to make a reminder for myself.

We are mid-ship on deck 11, ocean view balcony. Hope we picked a good deck!

Spending two nights at Universal Orlando before cruise - any advice on getting to terminal morning of? Uber? Car service?

thanks all! Very excited to try out a mega-ship. I had to get it out of my system! 😂

Edited by blueberry pie

4 minutes ago, blueberry pie said:

Okay thank you, will just keep checking. By planner, do you mean the app? 

No, the planner ("Plan my cruise" link) is the online tool in a browser (where you can buy all the other items) - MTD reservations may also show up in the app.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, blueberry pie said:

Spending two nights at Universal Orlando before cruise - any advice on getting to terminal morning of? Uber? Car service?

We did that with our Indy cruise last year.  We rented a car from Alamo and drove directly to the port.  The Alamo/National drop off is closest to the pier and they have a big shuttle bus that will take you directly to the terminal.  Budget is further away and they use little shuttle vans.  The line to catch those Budget vans post-Wonder cruise last month was horrendous because they didn't hold a lot of passengers with their luggage whereas the Alamo shuttle bus was very spacious.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 3eaglesfam said:

I am on Wonder in march.  I booked MTD 2 months ago for 6:45 each night.  I booked though my cruise planner

Already for March 2024?

I can't see it in my cruise planner! I click on dining, but nowhere to make reservations - just says it's still being planned or something. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

1 minute ago, crzndeb said:

MTD isn’t like it used to be. 6:45-7 is the normal start time, and once early traditional diners leave, they start filling with MTD guests. You may, or may not have a long wait, even with reservations.

Honestly we will probably eat in specialty dining 4 of the nights, so 3 nights with waits, I guess we will just be patient! 😃

Just now, blueberry pie said:

Honestly we will probably eat in specialty dining 4 of the nights, so 3 nights with waits, I guess we will just be patient! 😃

I was on the Wonder TA, and although I had MTD, I travel solo and never went to MDR. I had a 5 night dining package, and between that and other places to eat, you definitely will be fine. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, blueberry pie said:

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

You are not - that poster was talking about 2023. Some reporting suggests MTD bookings opening about one year out.

Edited by Biker19

12 minutes ago, MichiganMan4 said:

What time is Early Dining on Wonder (trip is next month)?  Our reservation confirmation says 5:00pm, the Royal app says both 5:00pm and 6:00pm, but other non-Royal websites I've read say 5:30pm?  

On the TA, it was 5:30

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 11:27 AM, blueberry pie said:

Already for March 2024?

I can't see it in my cruise planner! I click on dining, but nowhere to make reservations - just says it's still being planned or something. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

I am sailing march 2023.