social distancing is over when will meet and mingle resume on RCI

20 minutes ago, sisocialworker said:

the web site to register says they are paused? 

Right, and there have been no reports of any official M&Ms. This comes up almost weekly here - if they ever start, you'll likely see several threads about it here.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, sisocialworker said:

ship sponsored meet and mingle  ones?

Serenade last month had Singles, LGBT, 18-20yr olds. Get togethers for Crown and Anchors, meet the Officers, Luncheons all happened. Might been more, I'm in Michigan my Cruise Compasses are in AZ. Think Jewel had them listed also. As said the M&M was still on hold

Edited by ONECRUISER

4 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Serenade last month had Singles, LGBT. Might been more, I'm in Michigan my Cruise Compasses are in AZ. Think Jewel had them listed also

They had a M&M in the Safari Club this past May on an Alaska sailing.  It wasn't a sponsored M&M that you would sign up for on the website.  It may have been just for D, D+, and Z's to introduce us to the senior staff members.  No gifts/raffle as I recall.  They took questions and answers. 

I contacted RCI myself and reserved The Music Hall on Wonder for the TA for our Meet & Mingle.  No food or drinks (they wanted to charge me for those and I said no).  No officers or raffles.  Just the room was reserved for our use.

• Like 1

Only thing I've seen is the social media site that must not be named with their groups doing their own meet and greet.  It is a shame for those without this group but an example of being left behind.  Cruises started back up almost 18 months ago.  Without going into too much detail in the certainty my post will be reported and deleted, I think it's high time this is either reinstalled or just notify that this is a thing of the past and that's it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sisocialworker said:

any insiders know?

I haven't read the replies yet, but I'm guessing never.   They seemed to be phasing them out pre-pandemic, IMO.  On board support has been almost done even prior to the shutdown. I don't think anyone on Royal's Web page team even know the pages are still active (When I last looked in April) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Only thing I've seen is the social media site that must not be named with their groups doing their own meet and greet. 

That may be the key.  The old ones were afilliated with Cruise Critic and were talked about in Roll calls.  At least for the cruises I have been on since 2019, participation has been way down while participation in the other ones are on the rise.  I'm on a 5 day Carnival one and I can't even get anyone to join here on CC. 

1 hour ago, BillOh said:

That may be the key.  The old ones were afilliated with Cruise Critic and were talked about in Roll calls.  At least for the cruises I have been on since 2019, participation has been way down while participation in the other ones are on the rise.  I'm on a 5 day Carnival one and I can't even get anyone to join here on CC. 

Most active ones are the reposition ones or transatlantics.  Hate to say it but I think whoever handled this waited too long if even waiting.  I actually like the other groups better as you don't have to worry about not writing something which could be removed.  

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm guessing RC is getting out of the official M&M business. Just no benefit for them.

I agree.  I would think there's more money if they use formal reservations for a large group.  Most of the ones I see are informal.