"Dinner on the edge" (magic carpet) now available?

Dylan0474mac

Hi all,

thank you for taking the time to read my post. I see "Dinner on the edge" is available on my February Beyond cruise for $118pp.  I havent been able to find much besides that it's too windy so they don't really do it.  We will be in a few ports later in the evening which im guessing would be a good time to use it since we wouldnt be moving. The reservation isnt day/time specific so im assuming they set you up once onboard.   Any and all info is appreciated. Thanks!

5 hours ago, rmeier111278 said:

How do you book dinner on the edge? We have a cruise 12/17 on apex and didn't see this as an option

It was listed below the cabanas, not with the other dining. Not sure what to expect or if it is in beyond only right now. 

DD79A47E-B0E5-48F2-9A29-CAFEEC86184E.jpeg

5 hours ago, gw2fll said:

We really enjoyed the Magic Carpet. Happened to stumble across it duringboarding. Looking forward to it our next sailing. 

We didn't find it windy, slight breeze which was refreshing.

You got lucky and didn't have a very windy evening.  @Dylan0474mac you have prepare for the worst that it will be very windy, things like long hair should be secure

I just checked and it is available for our Edge cruise in February.

Cost is 162 Canadian per person 😵 which makes sense based on the US price of $118 per person.  If I try to reserve it it says only time available is Day 1 at 10 am.  I assume as @Dylan0474mac said they set it up once you are on board.  Does anyone know what the menu is?  This is a lot of money so would love to see a menu before booking.

38 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

I just checked and it is available for our Edge cruise in February.

Cost is 162 Canadian per person 😵 which makes sense based on the US price of $118 per person.  If I try to reserve it it says only time available is Day 1 at 10 am.  I assume as @Dylan0474mac said they set it up once you are on board.  Does anyone know what the menu is?  This is a lot of money so would love to see a menu before booking.

Free if you grab a plate of food from the buffet and bring it to the magic carpet...ha ha

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2022 at 3:29 PM, bebe08 said:

I did find a sample menu online and its a la carte so curious if anyone knows what the fixed price reservation gets you?

Here is the sample menu

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/restaurants-and-cafes/magic-carpet

It is not a la carte. You get everything on the menu!

Just now, DallasCruiseCouple said:

It is not a la carte. You get everything on the menu!

There is a set menu for Dinner on the Edge. Charcuterie board followed by a huge Seafood Tower (with lobster and crab legs) and dinner is Chateaubriand with Lobster. Desert includes 3 items but my favorite was the chocolate cigar.

We had Dinner on the Edge on the Edge during our 11 day cruise! We found out about our specific day when it was day two on the cruise. The dinner has to be scheduled in port and based on weather conditions. It was the best dinner we had during our entire cruise, next to Blue. They move out the casual chairs and bring in nice two top tables. The starter was a charcuterie board followed by the biggest seafood tower (with lobster). The main course was chateaubriand and grilled lobster with amazing vegetables. The desert had three favorites and my favorite was the chocolate cigar! The one thing I remember is they did not provide the small forks for the crab legs. Other than that, the service and food was superb! No wind issues since you are in port.

3 hours ago, bebe08 said:

Thanks for the info!  DH is not a seafood fan so sounds like it wouldn't worth the money for us.  Hopefully we can get on the Magic Carpet for drinks.  

Agreed. The couple next to us left all of their seafood options on the table and that is the first thing I thought about. They show you the menu and you think that there will be options but they really only have one set menu.

The Magic Carpet gets very busy and very windy. Our sea days were rough so it was SUPER windy at times. I only saw a handful of times when a person was eating on the Magic Carpet. It was mostly drinks at sunset or hanging out during the day. 🙂

• Thanks 1