Solar Eclipse 2024 cruise already sold out

Greysandy

17 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

If you read the RC carefully you’ll realize it’s only a couple of posters who’ve gone over the deep end.  I agree it’s annoying.  The other 99% of posters are the usual happy easy going kind. 

I am just not posting on that RC anymore.  It's not worth it.  But, I agree with Billco....who wants to be on a cruise with people like that? 

• Like 4

On 12/9/2022 at 7:11 AM, Sea Hag said:

Very interesting. I just checked that, and a basic balcony is now going for more than $100 more than I paid for our CC mini. I was surprised when we booked that the prices were as low as they were. Looks like Princess is catching on.

I know, I wish I had booked first thing. I had promised a friend I would go to Texas with her to see the eclipse so I was going back and forth on whether to book.  She is dead set on Texas so I still need to tell her I’m going on the cruise instead. 

1 hour ago, Greysandy said:

I know, I wish I had booked first thing. I had promised a friend I would go to Texas with her to see the eclipse so I was going back and forth on whether to book.  She is dead set on Texas so I still need to tell her I’m going on the cruise instead. 

An RV trip to Texas was another possibility for us, but when I saw this cruise I immediately jumped on it. If something about the cruise goes south, then I may be back to the Texas plan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greysandy said:

Honestly... I think taking the ship is a better call.

I live near Dallas. I don't have to budge to be right in the center of the path. But in 20 years... I likely wouldn't remember the eclipse much. Heck, I barely remember the last eclipse I actively sought out. And I think this cruise's itinerary is a bit of a "yawn-er".

However this is an opportunity to "see the eclipse differently" on a brand new ship (the Discovery is a 2022 ship). Therefore there's a chance to make this eclipse (likely my last) memorable.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2022 at 6:36 AM, billco said:

I'm booked on this cruise, but the deep end posters have caused me to reconsider it. The eclipse only takes up a small part of the cruise. Not sure I want to spend the rest of it with a bunch of fanatics. Stopped looking at the Roll Call. Also, I noticed the path is directly over my hometown in Ohio. Might be time for a reunion.

I’ll be heading home to Toledo. Can’t get too much better than that. 

• Like 2

On 12/8/2022 at 10:11 PM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

If you read the RC carefully you’ll realize it’s only a couple of posters who’ve gone over the deep end.  I agree it’s annoying.  The other 99% of posters are the usual happy easy going kind. 

Hi!, I believe I saw on another thread about Sky Suites that you will be our neighbor - we are in the other sky suite on this Eclipse Cruise.  Don't post often but wanted to say hello.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 11:37 PM, DoctorTDog said:

Hi!, I believe I saw on another thread about Sky Suites that you will be our neighbor - we are in the other sky suite on this Eclipse Cruise.  Don't post often but wanted to say hello.

Does this mean that the sky suites have "gone to the dogs" on this sailing? 😂

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

I wonder if the folks at Princess read our roll call to see the full sentiments of most of the members.

I'd be astonished if they don't have a team whose main mandate is following social media. As far as any of that team reading through and specifically following any one thread on any one social media site, that's something that may or may not be.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/11/2022 at 11:37 PM, DoctorTDog said:

Hi @DoctorTDog!  Yes I am your neighbor. I’m dropping my participation in the roll call but will swing by and introduce DH and myself when we get onboard.    If you’d like to email me I’d love to connect prior. Jacqueline dot faris at yahoo dot com.