BYO....Lobster tails?

kangforpres

DW and I are going on a 7 day Mexico cruise starting this Saturday, so we try to eat all the perishables in the house since we will be gone all next week. She reminded me 'don't forget the lobster tails in the freezer" while I do our meal planning.

So this got me thinking if we brought these on board in a cooler could we ask them to prepare them for us on the first dressy night of the cruise in the MDR?

Otherwise we got to pay the surcharge to add one of their lobster tails while dining in the MDR?

What do you think?

lobster tails.jpg

• Haha 7

You could say you have allergies to lobster except these specific ones. 🤣 I am not aware of HAL allowing perishable food brought onboard (and to be cooked) post Covid. But you might ask ahead of time and mention a special occasion dinner you want them for. We were on Rotterdam last month and Pinnacle Grill ran out usual lobster tails but said they have small ones and would give 2. If I didn't know better they looked more like giant crawfish. 😉

While I'm no expert, I would say the answer would be no.  To have someone bring into the commercial kitchen something that has not come from an approved supplier would bring up contamination issues, etc.  If the lobster tails are in your freezer, they will certainly be fine there for another week.  Enjoy them when you return home.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, highscar said:

This reminds me several years ago when my DH and his buddy caught an ugly grooper deep sea fishing off Carbo and had it frozen and trucked it home to Canada in the overheads on the plane. Got away this it too.  

Didn't show up on the airport x-ray machine?

On 12/7/2022 at 7:11 PM, REOVA said:

Oh we miss the days of Bar B Ques at the Lido pool. Gone before the pandemic due to "fire safety". 

We were told that they were discontinued  because of the food temperature being a health issue.

On 12/7/2022 at 1:44 PM, kangforpres said:

DW and I are going on a 7 day Mexico cruise starting this Saturday, so we try to eat all the perishables in the house since we will be gone all next week. She reminded me 'don't forget the lobster tails in the freezer" while I do our meal planning.

So this got me thinking if we brought these on board in a cooler could we ask them to prepare them for us on the first dressy night of the cruise in the MDR?

Otherwise we got to pay the surcharge to add one of their lobster tails while dining in the MDR?

What do you think?

lobster tails.jpg

No, not allowed

5 hours ago, highscar said:

@kangforpresfish was in a cooler. Things were not so strict then. Going down to vacation cooler had pea meal bacon.  No all in-clusive.  Also had a small electric fry pan.  

Yea I've heard back in the day there were plenty of restaurants that would cook your catch for dinner in Cabo