Open Dining? How does it work?

Cruise NH

We have 3 HAL cruises scheduled in 2023.  I noticed that we have ‘open’ dining confirmed on each one.  We’ve always done fixed.  We did request it but didn’t get it.  We know we can go and ask to be changed once on board but that doesn’t always work out.

So, now my question is how does open dining work.  Do you show up and wait in line? Make reservations each night?  

We’ll be on the ZAANDAM, Koningsdam and Zuiderdam if that makes any difference.

thanks 

Just show up after the opening time and ask to be seated.  They will ask if  you want your own table or are willing to share with others.  You can als0 make reservations for a set time once onboard (during a specific period).

If you make reservations then is there any wait? We also requested a set time but we're given the any time dining. We never, ever, ever like to wait to eat any time at all. I am very nervous about the anytime because I have seen big lines of people waiting on other lines where we always have had a set time

1 hour ago, vetteguy91 said:

I want Anytime dining. Can I signup for that before boarding? If so how do I go about it.

How did you book? If a TA, they can put you down for Open Seating. If with a PCC or direct, just call back and specify your preference.

2 hours ago, Reds4life said:

If you make reservations then is there any wait? We also requested a set time but we're given the any time dining. We never, ever, ever like to wait to eat any time at all. I am very nervous about the anytime because I have seen big lines of people waiting on other lines where we always have had a set time

There are two lines/doors into the dining room on Deck 2.  The one on the left is for open seating.  The one on the right is for reservations.  It will have a sign saying Club Orange on the non Pinnacle-class ships but it is also for reserved seating.  There won’t be a line and, if you know your table #, you can just walk in.  Otherwise, just let them know your room # and reservation time.

• Like 1