Vista maiden voyage moved up a week.

shepherd really

6 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

and you as well.  In three days, I'll be within the window to book it with early on-board benefits. So, I'll give it a little time to mull over.

Good thing you are giving yourself "mull" time...I just went to book, well to make final call on either this Founder's Cruise or the Riviera in April, and looks like they are doing maintenance on the booking site, as "not able to retrieve" for either booking.

• Like 1

Just now, LGW59 said:

Good thing you are giving yourself "mull" time...I just went to book, well to make final call on either this Founder's Cruise or the Riviera in April, and looks like they are doing maintenance on the booking site, as "not able to retrieve" for either booking.

Just another IT issue laden weekend for O's website.  

We have some PH Options with several friends for the Founders cruise.  I have talked to people who have been on several Inaugural (first paying customer) cruises and they are quite outstanding.  I am sure with FDR and Howard and others aboard, it will be quite a party with a great expectation for exceptional service. You know O will have all the best of the best staff aboard to make sure it is a glowing success. We were on a Marina Inaugural season cruise but missed out on Riviera’s. Looking forward to Vista. 

My real hang up is that flights from the West Coast are challenging and expensive. Getting home from Venice is even worse and even far more expensive. The Oceania air with Premium Economy  and Deviation Fee might just be a bargain compared to the current airline fees we have seen on line. We have time this week to line up flights and we do have a booked cruise I can swap to pick up some On Board Booking credit and SBC.  It does look to be a fantastic trip and itinerary for a great price. 

Decisions, Decisions 🤪🙏🛳️ 

Mauibabes 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mauibabes said:

We have some PH Options with several friends for the Founders cruise.  I have talked to people who have been on several Inaugural (first paying customer) cruises and they are quite outstanding.  I am sure with FDR and Howard and others aboard, it will be quite a party with a great expectation for exceptional service. You know O will have all the best of the best staff aboard to make sure it is a glowing success. We were on a Marina Inaugural season cruise but missed out on Riviera’s. Looking forward to Vista. 

My real hang up is that flights from the West Coast are challenging and expensive. Getting home from Venice is even worse and even far more expensive. The Oceania air with Premium Economy  and Deviation Fee might just be a bargain compared to the current airline fees we have seen on line. We have time this week to line up flights and we do have a booked cruise I can swap to pick up some On Board Booking credit and SBC.  It does look to be a fantastic trip and itinerary for a great price. 

Decisions, Decisions 🤪🙏🛳️ 

Mauibabes 

Honestly at the cost of the PH (perhpas I don't know O but the price is FAR less than I anticipated) for this cost of two people, it sure gives breathing room on the cost of the flights. 

Got a funny one to add. Just heard from an O travel friend who boarded a HAL trip today, A Freebie, so she HAD to go. They are Optioned on Vista Founders trip and in talking to others on board, already have people asking for their TA so they can get on the O trip. Their TA can’t come through for them. Just love defectors to Oceania 

Mauibabes

• Like 2

@LGW59,

I saw a friends PH 2, Cruise Only booking for about $7500 for 2 and that was before they cancelled /swapped one of their place holder bookings from their last O cruise and applying the On Board booking discount to their Option price.  I am sure it will be sold out soon and it should be quite a PARTY. 

Mauibabes

30 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

@LGW59,

I saw a friends PH 2, Cruise Only booking for about $7500 for 2 and that was before they cancelled /swapped one of their place holder bookings from their last O cruise and applying the On Board booking discount to their Option price.  I am sure it will be sold out soon and it should be quite a PARTY. 

Mauibabes

I just finished booking as well, for two in PH1, $7598, I feel like this is a really really good price.  The itinerary is great and we will plan some added vaca time on both ends.  Bon voyage!!

In case you are not aware!!  The Vista inaugural cruise states in ends in Venice---not true.  Read the fine print--it ends up in Trieste!  They will fly you out of Venice if you have "air", but you will end up about 2 hours away by ferry or bus or car.  Not a great way to end a cruise with a long bus ride.  Venice does not now allow big ships at its port.

1 hour ago, zteamtwo said:

In case you are not aware!!  The Vista inaugural cruise states in ends in Venice---not true.  Read the fine print--it ends up in Trieste!  They will fly you out of Venice if you have "air", but you will end up about 2 hours away by ferry or bus or car.  Not a great way to end a cruise with a long bus ride.  Venice does not now allow big ships at its port.

Thanks, I was wondering about that.  Though not a major issue for us as we plan to spend 3 days following the cruise in Venice.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Our room steward is leaving Riviera.to join the staff of Vista.

He is adamant that he sets sail for the first cruise on April 22

They may go early to get things set up before the ship sails with pax

They need to find their way around the ship as well

like when the ships are in drydock  some crew stay on along with the Captain   to cook & clean