How Would EZAir Deal with this Situation?

DCThunder

Obviously an airline can't override a country's visa requirements. That country's Foreign Office would have to waive the investigation that goes with granting a visa. Of course that short article doesn't mention the behind the scenes discussions, if any, between the airline and the Foreign Office.  Nor does it say mention if the angry passengers who engaged in the terminal blockage just lost any chance of getting a Belgian visa should they want one in the future.

31 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Obviously an airline can't override a country's visa requirements. That country's Foreign Office would have to waive the investigation that goes with granting a visa. Of course that short article doesn't mention the behind the scenes discussions, if any, between the airline and the Foreign Office.  Nor does it say mention if the angry passengers who engaged in the terminal blockage just lost any chance of getting a Belgian visa should they want one in the future.

The odd thing to me is that they passengers were IN Belgium when the boarded the aircraft.  The only reason that a visa was required was because the flight had to return to Brussels due to a mechanical issue, and at that point, the visa-less pax couldn't leave the airport other than on another flight out.  So how/why were these visa-less pax without visas?

I hope that makes sense but it seems very curious.

13 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

The odd thing to me is that they passengers were IN Belgium when the boarded the aircraft.  The only reason that a visa was required was because the flight had to return to Brussels due to a mechanical issue, and at that point, the visa-less pax couldn't leave the airport other than on another flight out.  So how/why were these visa-less pax without visas?

I hope that makes sense but it seems very curious.

My guess:  connecting in Brussels and never expected to go through immigration.

• Like 1