Keeping a B2B Secret. Who will Blow it?

Jthans24

We are going on our first B2B cruises and our sons (11 & 14) only know about the first one. This will also be our first time with connecting rooms for the first part of the B2B. The second leg will be in the cabin DW and I are in. We will only have the boys' clothes and bathroom stuff in their room, making it easy to transition to our room for leg two. I doubt they will even notice that we haven't packed.

We would like to surprise them on disembarkation day with the second cruise. So if by some fluke I can keep my mouth shut, who would possibly say something to us on the first leg and blow the surprise for our kids? The youngest will go to the Fun Factory and the oldest will be at the X club. We plan to let the Kids/X Club employees know that it's a surprise.

Thank you,

Josh

Good luck keeping it a secret.  You should also give the dining room staff, especially your waiters, a heads up that it's a secret as they will have that information available.  Also make sure your stateroom attendant knows. 

It might help to make a show of getting the suitcases out the last night of the first leg and have them go through the motions of packing their stuff in their bags. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jthans24 said:

We are going on our first B2B cruises and our sons (11 & 14) only know about the first one. This will also be our first time with connecting rooms for the first part of the B2B. The second leg will be in the cabin DW and I are in. We will only have the boys' clothes and bathroom stuff in their room, making it easy to transition to our room for leg two. I doubt they will even notice that we haven't packed.

We would like to surprise them on disembarkation day with the second cruise. So if by some fluke I can keep my mouth shut, who would possibly say something to us on the first leg and blow the surprise for our kids? The youngest will go to the Fun Factory and the oldest will be at the X club. We plan to let the Kids/X Club employees know that it's a surprise.

Thank you,

Josh

Secret from the kids? I didn't even tell the boss ( Anita) until after the second leg was booked 2 days before the end of the first!

• Like 1

It may be difficult because of the B2B meeting they may have to attend to get the transit pass for the next cruise.   There will be a letter delivered announcing it and also a message on the phone to remind you.  

You will have to be on the look out for all of that.   You may also be able to pick up the passes without them attending.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Good luck on the surprise.   If you let the stateroom attendant know that you want to keep it a secret and ask him to deliver the B2B packet to you instead of them it will probably be possible.

On our current cruise ,Solstice,  they didn't hand out the Transit Passes and Instructions at the B2B meeting.   They were delivered to our room that evening.  

Mom of three boys 24, 22 and 15 and former middle school teacher here. Do your kids actually like surprises? Maybe, but think about it as you make this decision. Little kids like surprises. Kids in this tween/ teen age range generally prefer to know the plan and acclimate to it. It helps them feel a sense of control and confidence. 

My unsolicited advice  is not to keep it a secret very long into the first cruise.  My reason for saying this is that for boys that age, once they start anticipating the end of the first cruise, they may be looking forward to getting back home, back to their friends, back to their video games (sadly.) In that case, hearing that they are not going home at the last minute might lead to disappointment instead of excitement.  (Which is not going to make you feel good either.) It won’t be that they’re “spoiled”, but that they are operating under the plan that you told them.
i would choose a moment early in the first cruise, when things are going GREAT, and tell them, “Guess what? Another week!” That way you get to surprise them, but they have time to adjust to the “new” plan and get excited about it.  Then during the first week, you can enjoy moments of “others have to go home, but we don’t/ that’s too crowded today, let’s put it on our list for next week/ let’s make a list of Must Repeats” etc. Any kids I know in the age range of yours would much prefer this kind of situation. 
Maybe I overstepped, but… Have a great time either way!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1