Cruise Cabin Assistance for Those with Cognitive or Other "Silent" Disabilities

Janet June

Hi.  I am taking a cruise on the Celebrity Constellation and I have neurological and cognitive deficiencies from traumatic brain injury.  I noticed that other cruise lines offer guests special assistance when they have autism and/or other "silent" disabilities, such as special IDs so crew members can easily identify us, the ability to move cabins away from noisy areas if available, etc.  Does anyone know if Celebrity offers these types of things?  I have not seen this available when I look at the website or other forums.         

• Like 1

I am an old person who can’t use my shower because I can’t stand steadily long enough to rinse my hair.  And I have short hair.  Some lines have ambulatory accessible staterooms, but they still have the roll in shower.  But they do have what I need…the seat in the shower.  Some lines have large enough showers I could use a shower stool.  Celebrity S class would not be one.  M class maybe.  Have not sailed E class.  If you want a cabin with more space and a stall shower, you will need to book a suite.  One with both tub and shower, because I think the lower suites only have the tub/shower.  But I also have never sailed in a suite…. EM

My husband has early onset Alzheimer’s I also would be interested if Princess Cruise do any kind of special ID tags or assistance. He has trouble going through the port check screening every time we visit a port, they totally confuse him and the workers always seem so annoyed and frustrated with him.

On 12/16/2022 at 7:50 AM, TraDav said:

My husband has early onset Alzheimer’s I also would be interested if Princess Cruise do any kind of special ID tags or assistance. He has trouble going through the port check screening every time we visit a port, they totally confuse him and the workers always seem so annoyed and frustrated with him.

Are you talking about employees of the ship or port personnel?   If it's port personnel, you might consider a medical alert pendant or lanyard identifying your husband as having Alzheimers.   Hopefully they will look at it and be more patient.  

The ship personnel will be aware of his Alzheimer's since it should be noted on his Medallion. 

If you haven't already done so, contact Princess' Access Department to advise them of his condition.

accessofficeprincess@princesscruises.com

You might take a look at this video where the Princess employee is talking aobut the Medallions and explains the ship/crew will also know where he is at all times on the ship (especially important in the event of an emergency).  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VJEY3Wxm3k

• Like 1