Azura null boarding time

LLOM

Good morning

we are on the Azura flying from Newcastle on the 31st December and went to print our boarding passes out, (which I am having difficulty with so have just done a screenshot of them) when I noticed on the arrival and final boarding time it states null , l have never come across this before and have done many p&o cruises where they have always stated a time, just wondering with all these strikes going ahead over the festive period that the flight may be changed or cancelled at the last minute. Has anyone else noticed this on their boarding pass ? 
Many Thanks 

Yes we had that and we weren’t on a P&O flight either. Asked them and they said you can board whenever. If you’re on a P&O flight I guess they’ll know where you are. We were delayed until the following morning this week to allow for delayed flights so wouldn’t worry.

You are just taken straight to the ship from the airport after you have collected luggage and taken it to the luggage transport which is available.  Hence boarding time is, not relevant for fly cruises.  In Malta we were on the ship within an hour of landing, but transfers are longer in Tenerife,, so will be more like 1.5 hours.  Very little delay with boarding once at the port because the coaches just leave the airport when full, so you do not wait long for the coach to fill and coaches arrive at the port one by one, so a nice steady stream of arrivals.

Some planes have always been delayed, so no guarantee when you will arrive, though if on a P&O flight the ship will wait.  They did not sail from Tenerife until the following morning a few days back as Manchester airport closed because of snow, so they had to wait for those arrivals.

Enjoy the cruise.

1 hour ago, LLOM said:

Good morning

we are on the Azura flying from Newcastle on the 31st December and went to print our boarding passes out, (which I am having difficulty with so have just done a screenshot of them) when I noticed on the arrival and final boarding time it states null , l have never come across this before and have done many p&o cruises where they have always stated a time, just wondering with all these strikes going ahead over the festive period that the flight may be changed or cancelled at the last minute. Has anyone else noticed this on their boarding pass ? 
Many Thanks 

Don't worry.

Null was on our boarding pass for our November 18th boarding Azura after our Newcastle flight.

We flew with Jet2.

We collected our cases at Tenerife airport and put them on the coach which took us to the ship.

Check in was quick and easy and we got straight onto the ship. 

On our last night Jet2 airline check in tags were delivered to our cabin and after putting them on our cases and leaving our cases outside our cabin around 10pm the next time we saw our cases was at Newcastle airport carousel.

Thankyou to everyone who has taken the time to reply, we are staying in a hotel the night before ( Britannia or Doubletree ) so we can take advantage of using jet2 twilight check in , I did not want to book a hotel just in case flight was changed.

Many thanks once again.

23 minutes ago, LLOM said:

Thankyou to everyone who has taken the time to reply, we are staying in a hotel the night before ( Britannia or Doubletree ) so we can take advantage of using jet2 twilight check in , I did not want to book a hotel just in case flight was changed.

Many thanks once again.

Sorry what's the Jet2 twilight check in.... 

We are on the same cruise as you, but flight is from Birmingham and I am contemplating a hotel for the night before - if there is an option to check in early and leave the luggage that would make the hotel stay more attractive.

Hi Thedriver23

We can check our hold luggage in between 4,30 -9pm the night before if you have an early morning flight the next morning, our flight departs 8.45 am, I did ring jet2 for confirmation of this service, she was very helpful, you can also Google jet2   twilight service where you can watch a YouTube video that talks you through the procedure, hope this helps you.

1 hour ago, thedriver23 said:

Sorry what's the Jet2 twilight check in.... 

We are on the same cruise as you, but flight is from Birmingham and I am contemplating a hotel for the night before - if there is an option to check in early and leave the luggage that would make the hotel stay more attractive.

If you are on a Scheduled Jet2 flight then you can drop your luggage off between 16:30PM and 21:00PM next time you see it is at the destination airport. Very efficient. If you are on a charter then this service doesn't work for it.

On 12/13/2022 at 1:39 PM, LLOM said:

Many thanks once again.

If you haven’t booked yet, Doubletree is far superior to the Britannia but of course the room rates reflect that. We always stay at the Airport Premier Inn. 

• Like 1

Thank you sandancer,  we did quite fancy the Doubletree but the parking arrangements where you have to park in the long stay car park which I have read could be quite a walk to the hotel and that the shuttle bus is not reliable. I understand that the Britannia is quite dated but parking is at the hotel and it is just a short walk to the airport, we are still looking at the pros and cons for each of the hotels and hopefully book next week . 

40 minutes ago, LLOM said:

Thank you sandancer,  we did quite fancy the Doubletree but the parking arrangements where you have to park in the long stay car park which I have read could be quite a walk to the hotel and that the shuttle bus is not reliable. I understand that the Britannia is quite dated but parking is at the hotel and it is just a short walk to the airport, we are still looking at the pros and cons for each of the hotels and hopefully book next week . 

If the Britannia in Southampton is anything like the Britannia in Manchester was many years ago, then I would avoid it like the plague.

2 hours ago, LLOM said:

Britannia hotels have just been officially named the worst in the UK for the tenth year running!!

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2022/nov/09/britannia-named-worst-uk-hotel-chain-for-tenth-year-in-a-row

1. I think I'd rather take the bus or long walk.

13 hours ago, LLOM said:

You could try booking the short stay car park through holiday extras and book the Hilton Doubletree separately.

I do this with the Premier Inn.