Self- monitored Covid testing

LizzGo

I read in a thread here that HAL will accept a self-monitored test. The instructions require a photo of results of your negative test, gov't issue ID and something showing the time and date.  Has anyone actually done this? If so, can you confirm this is indeed acceptable to HAL, and how exactly did you performed this feat? Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

But only if your camera settings allow. I purposely do NOT have the date/time show in photos. If need be, I can adjust the settings to have them included.

It would appear that HAL are  also accepting a note with your name and date next to your test results in a photo from what  I've read. If you can get through to CS it's probably best to get this confirmed.

16 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

But only if your camera settings allow. I purposely do NOT have the date/time show in photos. If need be, I can adjust the settings to have them included.

I don’t have time and date show IN my photos either. But on an iPhone (I can’t speak as to Droids), the time and date show above the photo when you open it in the photo app. 

12 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:
30 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

I don’t have time and date show IN my photos either. But on an iPhone (I can’t speak as to Droids), the time and date show above the photo when you open it in the photo app. 

I didn't mention anything about a phone or phone app. I take photos with a camera, not with my cell phone.

I'm sure most people have figured this out but I hadn't so here's my idea I'd thought I'd pass on to others who are wondering how best to do this.

Lay my passport down.  Lay my husbands phone down beside it with a date/time app showing current date/time.  Lay my test result down beside all that.  Take a photo.  Reverse and repeat for my husband's photo.

• Like 1

Simplest to just copy and print this below and then use with the test as per the HAL website.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well/frequently-asked-questions.html  (testing requirements)

For cruises not visiting Australia that allow an at-home, self-administered PCR or Antigen COVID-19 test, guests should take a photo of their test result with their mobile device. Their full names, date and time of test should be written on, or next to the test device result like the below: 

First Name: _____________________

Last Name: ______________________

Date of Birth: ____________________

Date the self-test was taken: ____________________

Self-test type: ___Antigen    ___PCR

Place self-test device below:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, loveheart said:

Not yet but I will do in January. I have read reports on here from people who have done this.

I am no expert on the self administered Covid Test but on the HAL website it states that self tests must be witnessed by a medical individual via teleconference. I'm paraphrasing but it also wants a receipt with the date and passport number for the individual tested. 

I am cruising on the Koningsdam on January 7th for the 24 day Mexico and Hawaii Itinerary and I  wouldn't want to be turned away at the port and trying to find a place to get it done before the ship sails.

10 minutes ago, Bick53 said:

I am no expert on the self administered Covid Test but on the HAL website it states that self tests must be witnessed by a medical individual via teleconference. I'm paraphrasing but it also wants a receipt with the date and passport number for the individual tested. 

I am cruising on the Koningsdam on January 7th for the 24 day Mexico and Hawaii Itinerary and I  wouldn't want to be turned away at the port and trying to find a place to get it done before the ship sails.

I’m on this cruise as well.  The test does not need to be witnessed and no receipt is required.  

The notice received is here. 

———

NOTIFICATION

Due to the itinerary of this voyage, guests ages 18 and above must be fully

vaccinated for COVID-19 and, if eligible, have received a COVID-19 booster.

Eligibility is determined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and

Prevention (CDC) guidelines at https://*****/cdc_booster. Only one booster

dose is needed to be considered fully boosted, and boosters may be received any

time up to embarkation.

Guests ages 5 and above must produce a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or

antigen test) taken within three days before cruise embarkation. Self-tests

are now accepted.

All guests must attest to their COVID-19 vaccination status through Online

Guest Check-In (https://*****/HAL_OLCI). Masks may be required to be worn at

times during your voyage to protect the health and safety of all on board.

Review health and safety information at https://*****/hal_twfaq

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bick53 said:

Here is the protocol for your cruise K310A - Self Admin test is OK.    Your test doesn't need to be proctored.    If you want to get a proctored test anyway - plenty of options in San Diego.   More HEREimage.thumb.png.2ed790fedcafababf0188c938648020f.png

• Like 1

You really need to look up the protocols for your individual cruise.  Rules seem to be changing every day.  You don't even need to log in, just fill out the form.  It is at the top of the page on the HAL site, or here: 

https://book2.hollandamerica.com/protocols/
We thought we were going to have to test for the shorter January 7 to 14 cruise, but now we don't have to.  If you have to for Hawaii, the protocols may be different.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Bick53 said:

For my cruise from Sydney a self administered test does not have to be witnessed.