VOOM PACKAGES

4 minutes ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Hello - want to book a Voom package for DH on the Anthem in February.  Can he surf Facebook and use eBay on the Surf package vs the Surf/Stream?

Thanks

I used FB with no issue on Wonder a couple of weeks ago with just Surf. 

19 minutes ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Hello - want to book a Voom package for DH on the Anthem in February.  Can he surf Facebook and use eBay on the Surf package vs the Surf/Stream?

Surf is enough, but Surf seems to be missing from the planner fleetwide, though it may be available (for more than Stream pre cruise) on board.

• Like 1

We had extremely spotty Surf on Thanksgiving for the first time out of 8 on Anthem. I used to work using it with no problems many times!

Anthem since thanksgiving has moved to Starlink now so hopefully it will be faster.

I was able to secure Surf & Stream for $15.99 per day for Jan cruise.

Hopefully it is MUCH better,

Edited by Tatka

15 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Thanks

With Surf, eBay and Facebook, and all other non-video websites worked fine for me on the Grandeur recently.  Surf generally blocked most streaming/video services and content.  A few worked but watching a movie or a TV feed on say Hulu or Sling- nope.  If you like /depend on video content - get the stream upgrade.  Plain Surf is hard to find for sale any more.  Worst case, if he is unhappy with Surf you can likely upgrade to Stream on board. 

The Stream package was surprisingly good on Radiance - football games, Hulu, Zoom etc. were generally fine.  We may have had a day long uplink outage in one of the ports, but the $10 AT&T Day Pass to LTE ashore was a backup.  Internet at sea is a limited, finite resource, and the fact that it works at all in the face of astonishing passenger demand is like watching a bumblebee fly.  

Edited by AtSeaAlways

21 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Surf package vs the Surf/Stream?

When we were on Serenade recently on a B3B, they discontinued the surf option.  (at least for the free days)  They both were terrible though, and for the few bucks more I'd get the faster.