Vegan or Vegetarian MDR pictures and reviews?

We noticed on our Allure sailing on 11/27 (our first since March 2020) if you look at the MDR menu on the app there are some vegan selections.  We did not try any but might want to on our next sailing.  Does anyone have pictures and or a review of any of the vegan or vegetarian dishes?  Thanks for any input!

2 hours ago, CruiseMomTX said:

We noticed on our Allure sailing on 11/27 (our first since March 2020) if you look at the MDR menu on the app there are some vegan selections.  We did not try any but might want to on our next sailing.  Does anyone have pictures and or a review of any of the vegan or vegetarian dishes?  Thanks for any input!

Dh uses it sometimes so we always have the waiter give us the menu.  I've had a tomato soup and another one.

My DD and I were on Oasis for two weeks in November.  Here's what we observed about vegan choices.  They aren't shown on the paper menus in the MDR, but are available on the app by scrolling all the way down on the day in question.  (We browsed the menus throughout the week, and almost always knew exactly what we would order before we were even seated at our table.)

Although we are not vegan or vegetarian, DD sometimes chose an appetizer, soup, or dessert from that menu. A couple times, the dish delivered to her wasn't exactly what was listed on the menu - maybe missing a specific garnish or sauce, etc.  In chatting with our friendly waiter and assistant near the end of the cruise, we discovered that they *seldom* had people in the MDR order anything from the vegan menu.

Their opinion was that there was basically only one or two people in the kitchen preparing vegan items, and only as each specific order came down.  In other words, there wasn't much call for the vegan options.  They thought there were more readymade vegan options available in the Windjammer.  I don't know if any of this is true, but it's what we were told.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grandma Petania said:

My DD and I were on Oasis for two weeks in November.  Here's what we observed about vegan choices.  They aren't shown on the paper menus in the MDR, but are available on the app by scrolling all the way down on the day in question.  (We browsed the menus throughout the week, and almost always knew exactly what we would order before we were even seated at our table.)

Although we are not vegan or vegetarian, DD sometimes chose an appetizer, soup, or dessert from that menu. A couple times, the dish delivered to her wasn't exactly what was listed on the menu - maybe missing a specific garnish or sauce, etc.  In chatting with our friendly waiter and assistant near the end of the cruise, we discovered that they *seldom* had people in the MDR order anything from the vegan menu.

Their opinion was that there was basically only one or two people in the kitchen preparing vegan items, and only as each specific order came down.  In other words, there wasn't much call for the vegan options.  They thought there were more readymade vegan options available in the Windjammer.  I don't know if any of this is true, but it's what we were told.

There's a separate paper vegan menu and dh made sure he got it every day.

19 hours ago, CruiseMomTX said:

Plant Based Royal Caribbean Cruise Food

Eating Vegan or Vegatarian - Royal Caribbean

You Tube Video being Vegan on a Royal Caribbean Cruise

• Like 1