Oceania BLUE BAG

Acrusa

We are currently in a Penthouse on the insignia and did not get one on this cruise.  I asked about it and was told that the delivery was delayed and they were due in at the end of the month.

So, yes, they are sill issuing them, but are currently unavailable, at least on the Insignia.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri

Wife and I were so glad we brought ours on Sirena 11/18-28/2022 (originally acquired from Riviera 12/21). Love how strong it is and how much it can hold, with its multiple compartments. We took it all over St. Vincent, Dominica, St. Barts, San Juan and Puerto Plata. That blue bag is in nearly all of our photographs as we did our excursions and walk abouts. PERFECT for bringing back all the beer and rum from the ports.

In places like the Caribbean where they are desperate for tourists and tourist money, being seen as a tourist isn't an issue as long as we're talking daylight hours, you're respectful, and not intoxicated. The locals and the law enforcement have every desire and incentive to protect you. We had more people looking out for us in Belize City in 12/21 than we had O cruisers who left the ship or tourist area. I certainly found that to be the case during my 2 weeks in Paraguay in April-May 2022. There were no tourists there but me. I stood out like the proverbial American, literally at 6' 2" and wearing shorts & t-shirts. I never felt any problem would happen. The people were so friendly and so happy to see a tourist! I accidently left my camera & CP at the Cambio (currency exchange) down the street from my hotel and when I went there at 0830 the next morning when they opened up, the woman behind the plexiglass who had served me immediately motioned and pulled out my purple bag and slid it to me.

• Like 3

The lack of communication regarding the absence of bags is the focus of complaint onboard Marina on this subject. Many have plenty of Oceania (or other beach) bags at home but did not pack any because they were assured that one would be waiting for them onboard. A simple email would have prevented the loss of much goodwill.

i fortunately packed one beach bag but others are using the laundry bags to haul their stuff.

Personally I am much more concerned about the disappearance of the nightly dark chocolate on my pillow about halfway through this cruise!

Edited by CintiPam
  • Haha 1