Anyone ever gotten their nails done in the spa on a cruise?

pookel

First time cruiser and I'm on the Norwegian Gem in January .... was thinking of getting a manicure my first or second day and have nice nails for the cruise. For context I've literally only had a manicure once in my life (for my wedding) so it's not something I typically do, but I did enjoy it that time and it was nice to have perfect nails for a couple weeks.

So, any experiences? Pricing about the same as a regular nail salon? Do they offer the same sorts of things? Does it look ok?

For a cruise I would schedule my mani/pedi the week before I go.  For my pedicure I get regular polish and it lasts a good month.  For my manicure I get the dip powder and it looks good for two weeks and not bad for another week if I have to let it go that long.  I wouldn't get it done on the ship - it is a lot more money.  I also am not sure of the quality of work but I am very picky about my nails.  

The price sheets i looked at showed $50 for whatever the heck a "fire and ice" manicure is - does that include some kind of nail polish or would I pay for that PLUS the polish?

I was thinking "$50 sounds fine for a manicure" but not so much if it's only a piece of it.

3 hours ago, pookel said:

The price sheets i looked at showed $50 for whatever the heck a "fire and ice" manicure is - does that include some kind of nail polish or would I pay for that PLUS the polish?

I was thinking "$50 sounds fine for a manicure" but not so much if it's only a piece of it.

I think the fire and ice refers to hot stone massage for the fire and cooling lotion for the ice.  It seems that the polish is included.  Where I live a dip manicure is $35.00.   

I've had manicures and pedicures done on a ship a few f times and they've been perfectly fine. I do get my nails done all the time at home and yes, it's more expensive on a ship but for me, it was a treat. And sometimes I just haven't had time to have my nails done in advance so it has to be on the ship or not at all!

If you have a manicure/pedicure done on the ship, tell them to NOT trim your cuticles. I've had my cuticles trimmed too close a few times and it's miserable - bleeding and potentially an infection. If I'm going to have those issues, I don't want them on a ship!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, awhfy said:

I had a gel nail chip & a repair cost $40. Ridiculous charge

Wow, that is a lot, but that would give me peace of mind knowing they could do it. Now, I bring polish, filler and nail glue just in case (crazy, I know) and I'm trying to cut down on the toiletries I bring. A chipped nail just drives me crazy. Thank you so much for your response!

• Like 1