World Europa

Stormy Dan

3 hours ago, Stormy Dan said:

Will the onboard currency on World Europa when she is sailing from  Dubai be Dirhams?

should I tip my cabin Steward in Dirhams?

Likely to be Euro onboard as the ship is heading to Europe.

Edited by sidari

6 hours ago, steamboats said:

Onboard currency is Euro as on all MSC ships except those departing from US ports.

steamboats

Not quite, for MSC ships homeporting from Southampton in the summer its GBP. This was the case for the Virtuosa last summer (May to Sept I believe) and is the case going forward.

It does get confusing because for other MSC ships, such as Preziosa visiting Southampton during the same period it will be Euro's on those ships. Its because the Virtuosa cruises are specifically marketed for UK travellers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, defbref said:

Not quite, for MSC ships homeporting from Southampton in the summer its GBP. This was the case for the Virtuosa last summer (May to Sept I believe) and is the case going forward.

It does get confusing because for other MSC ships, such as Preziosa visiting Southampton during the same period it will be Euro's on those ships. Its because the Virtuosa cruises are specifically marketed for UK travellers.

Sorry, didn´t think about UK. The MSC Preziosa is marketed in Germany as well "homeporting" in Hamburg. So maybe now the ship which is doing the Southampton/Hamburg itinerary may have Euro as onboard currency as well.

Didn´t the Virtuosa do the UK only cruises after the restart? Then it did make sense to have GBP as onboard currency.

steamboats

• Thanks 1