Keukenhof Excursions on our own

cruise.gal

3 minutes ago, SueMo said:

I personally have not done this, but I did research on it while preparing for a May 2022 Baltic cruise that I ended up cancelling due to covid.  Look here: 

https://tulipfestivalamsterdam.com/keukenhof-express-bus-arriva-852-from-amsterdam-rai-station/

Thank you...checking now....Lu

We went to Amsterdam prior to a cruise in April 2022 and went to Keukenhof on our own.  We went to the Keukenhof website and purchased tickets directly from website. We purchased tickets for a timed entry on our own.  We were staying in Amsterdam so purchased a regional travel ticket that allowed us to catch an express bus to the gardens in the morning.  Afterwards, we went to Haarlem, and then back to Amsterdam Central Station by rail in the afternoon.  I would definitely advise to get tickets early in morning as the gardens get crowded as the day goes on.

From Rotterdam, I would suggest a cab to the Rotterdam Central Station> train to Leiden>Bus to Keukenhof.  It will probably be 1-1.5 hrs travel.  I'm sure there are other options.  You might go to the Keukehof website and contact them for the best suggestions as they know the special bus routes that will be available at that time of year.

• Like 1

My wife and I are traveling in Holland and staying in Amsterdam for an extended time next April and we are researching the many options for transportation passes.  We definitely plan to visit Keukenhof. Thanks to the posters for contributing some really helpful tips.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, slewis7 said:

My wife and I are traveling in Holland and staying in Amsterdam for an extended time next April and we are researching the many options for transportation passes.  We definitely plan to visit Keukenhof. Thanks to the posters for contributing some really helpful tips.  

On the Keukenhof website you will find combination tickets with  transportation by bus and entrance. Check the website I mentioned by that time for details. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 7:30 PM, The Other Tom said:

We stayed in the Hilton near the train station in AMS.  They had a "tour desk" that offered a bus ride to Keukenhof, which we purchased.  I think it included the entrance ticket.  Anyway, it worked well.

That is something I would like to do.  As it is a large station, do you recall where this tour desk was located?

16 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

That is something I would like to do.  As it is a large station, do you recall where this tour desk was located?

I seem to remember it was near the check in desk, in the lobby.  Facing check in, it was on the left, toward the back of the hotel.  You can probably ask as you check in and they will direct you.

1 hour ago, The Other Tom said:

I seem to remember it was near the check in desk, in the lobby.  Facing check in, it was on the left, toward the back of the hotel.  You can probably ask as you check in and they will direct you.

I had read your post to say that you had gone to a tour desk at train station.  My bad!   We stayed at the Doubletree Centraal Amsterdam and they had a desk near the reception desk.  Thanks.  

• Like 1

We did Keukenhof on ur own this past spring with a combi ticket, worked well. Not sure about getting there from Rotterdam, though. We also did the whisper boat, bought those tickets on site. It was beautiful, even though the flowers were nearly gone when we were there.

16 hours ago, cangelmd said:

We did Keukenhof on ur own this past spring with a combi ticket, worked well. Not sure about getting there from Rotterdam, though.

Yes you can; just buy the combi-ticket as mentioned in earlier posts by @Ine and Dutch_travel girl