Oceania and Regent cuisine

jjeffjb

We were on Dec 4th Marina.  Food was not as good as before pandemic.  Polo used to be our favorite restaurant. We were looking forward to our 2 reservations at Polo.  Our dinner at Polo was terrible. Steak was tough. Waiter saw me trying to saw through it and offered to get me a replacement. It wasn’t much better.  Service was crazy. They mixed up orders, lost our wine, and were annoying. We canceled our 2nd reservation. Met other people who had similar experiences.   We had a great time on the cruise. Overall, food was decent, but not great.  

• Like 1

In January 2022 on Riviera, 32oz. Porterhouse steak at Polo was cooked medium rare as ordered and was tender and flavorful – couldn't ask for more!  On second visit DW had Filet Mignon and also raved about it.  [In 2011 Oceania couldn't cook a steak to order on any occasion, but this cruise completely turned around our view of O's cuisine.  Sorry that our old barbecue-fail chef is apparently now on Marina...  😉]

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

Time travel? 🤪

Hah!  Used my super powers to fix it...  😉

Interesting coincidence:  a friend had ordered a catered Christmas dinner for a family gathering that was cancelled by Covid and gave DW and me all the food.  Tonight we finally finished it:  the absolute best filets I have ever had short of Chateaubriand, the most tender ever but with a lot of beef flavor.  I asked DW when we could go to this fabulous restaurant, but it turns out they only do take-out [and these dinners apparently cost $60 per portion...].  When our friend recovers, we absolutely owe her a nice dinner!

• Like 3

On 12/29/2022 at 10:12 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

In January 2022 on Riviera, 32oz. Porterhouse steak at Polo was cooked medium rare as ordered and was tender and flavorful – couldn't ask for more!

In December 2021 on Riviera the 32 oz Porterhouse steak in Polo was cooked medium rare to perfection. And I ate the whole steak. 😉

• Haha 1