Rockstar Minibar

Ekposh

Have read a few posts and articles that suggest the stocked mini bar is curated or filled depending on what you want.

Anyone know if this is true and how this happens? Do you get contacted nearer the time or do something in the app?

I can't see anything in the app at the mo but appreciate I aren't travelling until May.

Thanks

Alex

3 minutes ago, Ekposh said:

Have read a few posts and articles that suggest the stocked mini bar is curated or filled depending on what you want.

Anyone know if this is true and how this happens? Do you get contacted nearer the time or do something in the app?

I can't see anything in the app at the mo but appreciate I aren't travelling until May.

Thanks

Alex

I got rum or vodka but there so much to choose from. I get extra water.there are no bottles. Makes me crazy 

they typically stock 5 half bottles of rum, vodka, gin, bourbon, tequila or whiskey, 4 half bottles of wine and 4 beers.  The latest process is that rockstar agents ask you at boarding for any modifications and they will only swap an existing item for another mini bar item and only if you request on the first day (more rum instead of another item etc). 

We could not contact our agent until we were on board. We asked for bourbon replacement of Jack Daniels when we meet our agent. We were Mega and asked for bitters and simple syrup as well. They did a great job in keeping those stocked. It would be really nice if they reached out before hand to set up the bar. I’m sure it’s easier to turn the room over with a standard restock.

12 hours ago, godzukihop said:

I called my rockstar agent to arrange my pickup and gave my requests then. They also asked for any other special requests while we were on the phone.

If you had a pick-up then you are mega rockstar which offers a dedicated agent for your cabin alone so they will do almost anything you ask for. Regular rockstar suites don’t get to make quite so many requests.

In a regular (not mega) suite it actually was harder to get hold of the mixers. Seemed odd that we had the five half bottles of spirits but only the premium mixers and have to ask for diet coke/sprite. Would be nice if the minibar was pre-filled with softs/mixers too. 

If all you are lacking is Diet Coke/Sprite, you can make a call to Ship Eats (room service) and get as much as you want. In addition, many bars have it in cans if you ask.  I know, if you paid for a suite you shouldn't have to jump thru the hoops, but at least this is a way to get what you want and have it in your room.

1 hour ago, cantgetin said:

If all you are lacking is Diet Coke/Sprite, you can make a call to Ship Eats (room service) and get as much as you want. In addition, many bars have it in cans if you ask.  I know, if you paid for a suite you shouldn't have to jump thru the hoops, but at least this is a way to get what you want and have it in your room.

oh we did just get it delivered from Ship Eats. But it’s more just a general issue with the minibar set up that you can’t walk straight in and make many drinks because there isn’t enough mixers. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 5:49 PM, FFMilesJunkie said:

Don't forget when the cruise is over, the booze is yours to keep, so keep a little extra room in your suitcase and seal up the bottles nice and tight. 

We are Rockstar and we’re given six bottles of alcohol.

Jack Daniels Whiskey

Barcardi Rum

Tito’s Vodka

Teremana Tequila

Bombay Sapphire Gin

Buffalo Trace Bourbon

All 375ml bottles. We ordered regular Coke, Tonic, and Orange Juice from our Rockstar agent with no issues. Plus we got lemons and limes.

We ordered Ginger Ale but they didn’t have any.

They also didn’t have any mint on Bimini so no Mojitos. We did order two but were told that they didn’t have mint so they offered to make them with mint extract. My wife tried one and she thought it was good. I decided to go with a Long Island Iced Tea. They didn’t charge us for either drink. What great service!!

We called our Rock Star agent prior to getting on the cruise to try to customize the bar, but we were told that only Mega Rockstars could customize their bar. We were happy to see six bottles of alcohol.

• Like 1

Interesting....on our cruise, ginger ale was available from the dispensers in The Galley.  I don't know if they had cans.

If you talk to the rockstar agent at the welcome aboard meeting, they can (or used to) swap out things from the rockstar bar.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2022 at 4:01 PM, Ekposh said:

Thanks

Alex

It's not a mini-bar. It's a BAR with full bottles of liquor, full cocktail set and glasses. Ours had four bottles of liquor when we arrived and I asked for Tequila to be added. Our friends had rum and Tequila added to theirs. You can see the full bar on my YouTube Channel https://youtu.be/B4I6YJtueuo  I have a full playlist that includes a Cheeky Corner Suite cabin tour as well. 

You can take home whatever you don't use. I brought home four bottles of liquor and the wine. 🙂 

On 12/22/2022 at 6:42 PM, RonDuCanada said:

We called our Rock Star agent prior to getting on the cruise to try to customize the bar, but we were told that only Mega Rockstars could customize their bar. We were happy to see six bottles of alcohol.

Once you're onboard, you can make requests to your Agent and they'll make changes for you. They'll also get limes, lemons, simple syrup and mixers if you ask. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 3:16 AM, WheresWalter said:

It's not a mini-bar. It's a BAR with full bottles of liquor, full cocktail set and glasses. Ours had four bottles of liquor when we arrived and I asked for Tequila to be added. Our friends had rum and Tequila added to theirs. You can see the full bar on my YouTube Channel https://youtu.be/B4I6YJtueuo  I have a full playlist that includes a Cheeky Corner Suite cabin tour as well. 

You can take home whatever you don't use. I brought home four bottles of liquor and the wine. 🙂 

Do they replenish the alcohol or is it just what is provided on day one until you finish that.  Talking about just the Rockstar room here.  Thank you!

On 1/6/2023 at 11:27 PM, conandrob240 said:

Tip- they will swap the 6 Red Bulls out for beers, if you want. 

That’s great to know. We did not touch the four cans of red bull in our minibar or the bottle of white wine. Next time we’ll swap out the products that we don’t want.

2 hours ago, RonDuCanada said:

We did not touch the four cans of red bull in our minibar or the bottle of white wine

Haha you missed absolutely nothing with the wine. The last time we were RS on scarlet it was worse than airport lounge wine, so we dumped both the red and white. Our RS agent comped us a full bottle of moet instead!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

Haha you missed absolutely nothing with the wine. The last time we were RS on scarlet it was worse than airport lounge wine, so we dumped both the red and white. Our RS agent comped us a full bottle of moet instead!

Agreed the wine was awful

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 9:02 PM, JacknShelby said:

Do they replenish the alcohol or is it just what is provided on day one until you finish that.  Talking about just the Rockstar room here.  Thank you!

Sorry for the tardy response, Regular Rockstar it's one round. Not that you can drink much more than than in 4 or 5 days. MegaRockstar it's replenished. 

On 1/8/2023 at 11:24 AM, _tacocat_ said:

Oh no! I’m a wine drinker, not liquor so I was hoping for good ones.