Should OBC net out per cabin? Didn't last week.

fliprcruiser

Off the Equinox last week, and never had this happen before on dozen cruises.  Wife and I shared cabin, had a bit of OBC to use pre-cruise, left a balance of about $40 on our reservation. Got email saying this would transfer to ship. No problem. When we got on board, our TV account showed $20 credit on both my account and my wifes.  For sake of discussion lets say all OBC was non refundable, there was TA credit, shareholder credit, promo credit etc.

We had all included, so the only charge to our cabin was my $90 purchase in Spirits store.  Wife Seapass card was not used for any charges, just AI drinks.

After disembarking, our final bill from Equinox showed a $70 charge, my liquor purchase less $20 OBC brought forward.  The $20 credit on my wifes account just disappeared.  Sent email to CelebrityoneTouch per comment on the bill, but have had no response in the week.

In the past credits have always netted out, and I was expecting credit card charge to be $50.  Did they change their handling of OBC?  Had I known I could have had her buy one bottle of liquor!

TIA

1 minute ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Did you both have the same credit card associated to your on-board account?

I think so, I checked in first online, and when she checked it account was already setup. Don't think she ever entered anything different.  Didn't think of that being an issue though. Thanks.

This happened to us years ago. Luckily we caught it on board and guest relations managed to correct it.  I think it had to do with how we were checked in.  There was a log of confusion at the check in station, the agent didn't seem to know what she was doing. Never had that problem again but I always check our accounts to be sure.

• Like 1

We routinely stop by Guest Relations and ask them to be sure our accounts are merged into a single account.  We still received an itemized report of the activity on each of our individual accounts, but the OBC and charges all flowed into and out of a single place.  Takes the staff just a minute or two and all is well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fliprcruiser said:

Off the Equinox last week, and never had this happen before on dozen cruises.  Wife and I shared cabin, had a bit of OBC to use pre-cruise, left a balance of about $40 on our reservation. Got email saying this would transfer to ship. No problem. When we got on board, our TV account showed $20 credit on both my account and my wifes.  For sake of discussion lets say all OBC was non refundable, there was TA credit, shareholder credit, promo credit etc.

We had all included, so the only charge to our cabin was my $90 purchase in Spirits store.  Wife Seapass card was not used for any charges, just AI drinks.

After disembarking, our final bill from Equinox showed a $70 charge, my liquor purchase less $20 OBC brought forward.  The $20 credit on my wifes account just disappeared.  Sent email to CelebrityoneTouch per comment on the bill, but have had no response in the week.

In the past credits have always netted out, and I was expecting credit card charge to be $50.  Did they change their handling of OBC?  Had I known I could have had her buy one bottle of liquor!

TIA

We have never had this issue.  It always nets out.  Did you check in on the TV?  What did it show?  I also check my account in the TV periodically.

But I also do not ever recall getting an e mail prior to a cruise stating that OBC will be transferred to the ship.  It always does and I have never seen any distinction.  Only Celebrity OBC shows in my account prior to the cruise.  My TA OBC does not show until after boarding.  

We always use the same CC card and are linked.  Also I check us in at the same time.  We only enter the CC once.

Edited by jagoffee

6 hours ago, RTShaker said:

It sounds correct to me. You each had a credit to use, and unfortunately one of them did not get used before end of cruise. Whether the credit card was the same or not, each person has a separate folio.

Not necessarily.  My DH and I always have a merged account and any charges shown on either folio combine to a net balance.

The accounts have to be tied together. This has happened to me and my husband several times. Up until last year it never dawned on me that it was because we use different credit cards. Finally someone at guest services quickly knew what the problem was and fixed it after I had nearly $1k in charges and he had his full $300 in OBC. Once I put the same card on our accounts it fixed it going forward. 

• Thanks 1