Onboard grand Princess 21st of December till 22nd of January

16 minutes ago, ~*Lou*~ said:

By any chance can you tell me wifi price if you buy per day on board? Trying to work out “value” of Plus package to us. 

many thanks! 

I asked at guest relations earlier in the cruise and they said the new price is $20 per day or less 50 percent for elites at $10 per day.

Was half that last august. That's Aussie dollars

17 minutes ago, ~*Lou*~ said:

Wow thank you so much. Am trying to talk friends who have never cruised before into going with us on Grand to NZ next January! 

By any chance do you know cocktail prices? 

Most of the cocktails are under $16.  I will try and remember to take a photo of the menu

20230119_180604.jpg

20230119_180611.jpg

2 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I asked at guest relations earlier in the cruise and they said the new price is $20 per day or less 50 percent for elites at $10 per day.

Are you sure that is the onboard purchase price? If so it hasn't changed. 

I'd heard the online prepurchase price was now $20/$10 up from $14/$7 when I checked it during one of our cruises last year.

7 hours ago, ~*Lou*~ said:

Wow thank you so much. Am trying to talk friends who have never cruised before into going with us on Grand to NZ next January! 

By any chance do you know cocktail prices? 

The prices of most things aboard are going up from 20th February. The Plus package has recently gone up to $65 for cruises after this date and specialty restaurants are going up as well. It is fair to presume that most amenities will also go up, including bar prices & wifi.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Are you sure that is the onboard purchase price? If so it hasn't changed. 

I'd heard the online prepurchase price was now $20/$10 up from $14/$7 when I checked it during one of our cruises last year.

I'm certain. 

I paid $5 Australian in august pte paid with elite discount.

When I enquired onboard prior to the 6 night portion. Those prices were given. He also said it made no difference if i pre paid or paid on the first day aboard. I didn't need to pay at all as my WiFi had been  put on my account  for all 3 cruises.

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

The prices of most things aboard are going up from 20th February. The Plus package has recently gone up to $65 for cruises after this date and specialty restaurants are going up as well. It is fair to presume that most amenities will also go up, including bar prices & wifi.

Agree with this

Ok. I had my usual smoked salmon and 2 pots of tea. I also tried the Mexican breakfast.

The omelette was overcooked and the mince inside was greasy. The salsa and the refried beans were excellent. If you ate them with the omelette it made it more pleasant.

Service today was alot quicker. 

20230120_082007.jpg

20230120_083325.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

We bought it for today and it was $27 for one device and $40 for up to 4. That can be shared across members of the cabin

18 minutes ago, Normanville said:

Has anyone had problems with the Medallion app? No one seems to have mentioned it and I have read on other forums there have been teething problems. Do we still get free wifi for Elite?

Hi, I'm having problems with the app. If I log in using booking number (that's all I've tried) I can't see how to log out or how to switch to another booked cruise. The app automatically updated a while ago, I was okay with the old one, but can't log out of this new one.  I have an Android phone. Any help please? 🥴

You no longer get free wifi as Elite, you get a 50% discount.

Edited by Jean C

17 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Hi, I'm having problems with the app. If I log in using booking number (that's all I've tried) I can't see how to log out or how to switch to another booked cruise. The app automatically updated a while ago, I was okay with the old one, but can't log out of this new one.  I have an Android phone. Any help please? 🥴

You no longer get free wifi as Elite, you get a 50% discount.

Thanks Jean, I just reread the Plus fare details and we get 1 device free. I am using an Iphone so not much help to you. I couldn't log on to start with but that was because I was using my name and had to access the booking using my husbands name. Our three upcoming cruises are listed but I have only accessed the next one in March. I assume you are logged out when you close the app. We are not very tech savvy!!!!

16 minutes ago, Normanville said:

Thanks Jean, I just reread the Plus fare details and we get 1 device free. I am using an Iphone so not much help to you. I couldn't log on to start with but that was because I was using my name and had to access the booking using my husbands name. Our three upcoming cruises are listed but I have only accessed the next one in March. I assume you are logged out when you close the app. We are not very tech savvy!!!!

Thanks. Closing app didn't log me out, I've had to uninstall and reinstall app to get out of it. A cruise I am doing with family later this year has just had a substantial price reduction. Our Princess cruise planner couldn't reprice it as such so did new bookings, meaning we lost all info previously logged in app, ie order medallion, restaurant bookings etc. I used app very successfully last year but this updated version has me stumped!

12 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Thanks. Closing app didn't log me out, I've had to uninstall and reinstall app to get out of it. A cruise I am doing with family later this year has just had a substantial price reduction. Our Princess cruise planner couldn't reprice it as such so did new bookings, meaning we lost all info previously logged in app, ie order medallion, restaurant bookings etc. I used app very successfully last year but this updated version has me stumped!

Thanks, you just made me check our Christmas cruise for this year and with all the price increases it is $2,500 dearer! Thank goodness I booked it the day before they put up the prices.