Carnival Legend Heat Not Working?

Heartgrove

15 hours ago, GirlDad said:

We were also on the Holiday Cruise on the Legend.  Had an AFT balcony on deck 6.  On the cold days, it was freezing. We slept in our clothes on the really cold nights.

Other than that, we had a great time. MDR service was great , and the  food quality was better than on Radiance, which I was on in August.  I would absolutely book again.. just not a balcony room in winter.

Not having a comfortable room temperature and HAVING to SLEEP in my clothes is a hard no and a deal breaker while being on vacation and PAYING for something that should be part of the basics. 

Not sure why people would be so forgiving with something that IS under the company's control, unlike the weather. I could understand rain everyday on a Caribbean cruise since that's not something anyone can do about it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Not having a comfortable room temperature and HAVING to SLEEP in my clothes is a hard no and a deal breaker while being on vacation and PAYING for something that should be part of the basics. 

Not sure why people would be so forgiving with something that IS under the company's control, unlike the weather. I could understand rain everyday on a Caribbean cruise since that's not something anyone can do about it. 

Yep, I'll be paying close attention to this before I make my final payment for our upcoming Greenland cruise.  

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Followup as we returned from our week long cruise on the Carnival Legend today. I brought my infrared laser thermometer along. There was no problem with heat or cooling in our stateroom #6239. When we embarked the stateroom vent was discharging about 83 degrees. By that evening, it was down to 74 degrees with us adjusting the thremostat. While in Nassau it stayed cool with air discharging about 64 degrees. On our return sea day it was slightly cool but did warm that evening. Bottom line - the stateroom was comfortable temperature-wise all week.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Followup as we returned from our week long cruise on the Carnival Legend today. I brought my infrared laser thermometer along. There was no problem with heat or cooling in our stateroom #6239....

Good to hear.  We'll be on Legend this August going to Greenland.

About 5-6 years ago we were on The Legend in an aft wrap cabin to Alaska. Fantastic cabin and cruise. BUT..........we froze to death in our cabin when the temperature got cold outside. The rest of the ship was not too bad but in the aft of the ship, the heat did not work very well.