International Cafe tip

tampadee

On 12/22/2022 at 7:44 AM, Cruise Raider said:
On 12/21/2022 at 4:14 PM, wowzz said:

So they cannot buy chocolates or chips in the staff store, or when ashore ?

And would prefer chips to a $5 tip ?

Cash is always king. 

You do you!  I will do me!  When I see the happiness of giving the crew a more personalized gift, I will continue to do just that!  
Why does everyone think it’s their way or the highway?  

I had a pile of Ghirardelli chocolates on the table & told steward he could help himself if he ever wanted to. Day 2 he asked if he could have one & i told him that they were there for him, room service, anyone else who wanted one. Gone by Day 7 of a 10 day cruise. No it wasn't a tip

I actually only tipped my waiter (yes, same one Day 3->10) because he often suggested a backup and brought me an alternative if 1st choice had black pepper (allergy). He looked out for me every lunch & dinner so I comped him. 

• Like 2

On 12/22/2022 at 9:52 AM, Bobbiegentry said:

Responding to the OP, YES. ABSOLUTELY. 

Always have a pocketful of cash (preferably 5s and 10s) readily available so that ANYTIME you see ANYONE wearing a Princess name plate you can hand them a few bucks. They ALL work very hard and are deserving of such small kindnesses.

You can afford it. Don’t be a cheapskate.  

They will appreciate you. 

We have both have worked in the hospitality/restaurant business and as of a sign of appreciation for what they do, we do cash tip.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

I had a pile of Ghirardelli chocolates on the table & told steward he could help himself if he ever wanted to. Day 2 he asked if he could have one & i told him that they were there for him, room service, anyone else who wanted one. Gone by Day 7 of a 10 day cruise. No it wasn't a tip

I actually only tipped my waiter (yes, same one Day 3->10) because he often suggested a backup and brought me an alternative if 1st choice had black pepper (allergy). He looked out for me every lunch & dinner so I comped him. 

Followed your lead and had a dish of Dove chocolates. Slowly disappeared. Thanks for the suggestion. I think I owe credit to more than one poster. 

• Like 3