Waitlisted

Kariba

I have found being on a wait-list a bit of a joke on more than one occasion recently.

Even though being on the wait-list I have checked the Cunard website daily and have seen cabins I am wait-listed for come up.  I have immediately rung Cunard and booked the cabin. Cunard had told me previously that there were others ahead of me for the category I had requested.  They agreed that by checking the website I had jumped the queue.

When I asked how this could be I was told that when passengers cancelled a booking the section processing the cancellation regularly posted the vacant cabin back on to the Cunard website without checking the wait list.  Reservations seemed well-aware of this practice and offered no excuse.

• Like 1

We had booked Britannia Class on a May crossing on the QM2 with wait listed for another class.  This past week our TA notified us that we Queens Grills was available, so we took it.  We are still wait-listed for Princess Grill, which is our preference.  So the wait list for this type of an upgrade can work.

We were on a wait-list for a QV balcony, for quite a few months. I kept checking the website, religiously, to see if anything came up. Finally a guarantee balcony became available. I'm not crazy about guarantees, but we grabbed it. A week later I received a notification that we had cleared the wait-list. What I don't know is if the wait-list was also a guarantee cabin. In any case, we had our agent cancel the wait-list request.

We are waitlisted for well over a year for our return from Capetown in April for QG. I've been checking Cunard website. QGs have come up which have all been portside, which we didn't want as Starboard gets morning sun, so stuck to our PG. However our wait list request was any QG which have been available , but not a dickybird from Cunard, so relying on waitlist waste of time. Just keep checking website.