European outlet behind bed on Discovery

elycelynne

Does anyone have a photo of this outlet and if so, could you post it?  I’m hoping to plug my CPAP machine into it and was curious as to how accessible it is.  (And I do know that my cabin steward will provide an extension cord, but I’m hoping to avoid tripping over one.)

43 minutes ago, elycelynne said:

Does anyone have a photo of this outlet and if so, could you post it?  I’m hoping to plug my CPAP machine into it and was curious as to how accessible it is.  (And I do know that my cabin steward will provide an extension cord, but I’m hoping to avoid tripping over one.)

This is from Sky which is likely the same on Discovery but I didn’t check it when sailing on Discovery. Our bed was in the queen configuration & this outlet was on the left side of the bed & you can see the bed’s skirt.

image.thumb.jpeg.15861cbf1521ae2a5aa2efbb34679000.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Sorry, do not have a picture at hand but I do this all the time.  Just pull the bed out away from the wall about a foot and you can easily reach the outlet.  Very often this is what one of the nightstand lamps is plugged in to.  Just get yourself a European style outlet that replicates the 22ov European outlet and also has a US-style outlet.  Plenty to be had on Amazon.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Sorry, do not have a picture at hand but I do this all the time.  Just pull the bed out away from the wall about a foot and you can easily reach the outlet.  Very often this is what one of the nightstand lamps is plugged in to.  Just get yourself a European style outlet that replicates the 22ov European outlet and also has a US-style outlet.  Plenty to be had on Amazon.

Thanks!  Astro Flyer posted a photo in the reply before yours.  It looks like there’s another outlet next to the one that the lamp is plugged into that could accept another European plug (or an adapter in my case) inserted sideways so that I wouldn’t have to unplug the lamp.  Is that accurate?

1 minute ago, elycelynne said:

Thanks!  Astro Flyer posted a photo in the reply before yours.  It looks like there’s another outlet next to the one that the lamp is plugged into that could accept another European plug (or an adapter in my case) inserted sideways so that I wouldn’t have to unplug the lamp.  Is that accurate?

Not sure about that second outlet...I've seen those before but (if I remember correctly...maybe not!) the pins did not align properly.  I could very well be wrong but since I needed an adapter anyway I just got one that did both style plugs.  Just one to carry around!

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Not sure about that second outlet...I've seen those before but (if I remember correctly...maybe not!) the pins did not align properly.  I could very well be wrong but since I needed an adapter anyway I just got one that did both style plugs.  Just one to carry around!

Are you saying that you can insert an additional European plug as well as the American plug into your European adapter?  I’ve been looking for something that would enable me to not have to unplug the lamp.  

2 minutes ago, elycelynne said:

Are you saying that you can insert an additional European plug as well as the American plug into your European adapter?  I’ve been looking for something that would enable me to not have to unplug the lamp.  

Yes...Amazon had one that duplicated the European outlet as well as giving you a US-style outlet.  I've had it for several years now...I think the current ones add a USB outlet but that really doesn't do you much good behind the bed.  I'll try and find you a link...

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, elycelynne said:

Well bummer!  It appears that Amazon no longer sells the style adapter that I have.  There are all kinds of adapters that give you a simple change from Euro to US style outlets...some/most with USB outlets.  Sorry!  I did not know they were no longer selling my style.  I guess I'll have to keep this one locked up!!

25 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Yes...Amazon had one that duplicated the European outlet as well as giving you a US-style outlet.  I've had it for several years now...I think the current ones add a USB outlet but that really doesn't do you much good behind the bed.  I'll try and find you a link...

Hey...I found it (finally!)

https://www.amazon.com/OREI-Europe-Adapter-Plug-Schuko/dp/B008Y8TF88?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&smid=ALEWIQ2F9CQDR&th=1

I think you want the Type E/F style.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well bummer!  It appears that Amazon no longer sells the style adapter that I have.  There are all kinds of adapters that give you a simple change from Euro to US style outlets...some/most with USB outlets.  Sorry!  I did not know they were no longer selling my style.  I guess I'll have to keep this one locked up!!

Bummer indeed!  Thanks for checking.  I already have a regular non-surge protected multi-plug extension with USB outlets for the desk outlets, so I can just buy some simple adapters on Amazon.  

This is the adapter I bought on Amazon & used it in a desk socket. I don’t know if it will fit under the bed next to the lamp’s socket or if you’d need to unplug the light.

Type E/F Plug Adapter, TESSAN Germany France Power Adapter, Korea Cruise Travel Converter with 2 Electrical Outlet 3 USB Charger, US to Spain Iceland German French Norway Sweden Europe Schuko Adaptor https://a.co/d/ejSprIo

image.jpeg.c9aa7596c29f08eb09ea126ee34f4200.jpeg

7511CE4C-C1C3-4822-A482-B6556BAB3B80.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, elycelynne said:

You posted after my post...scroll back up...I found a link for you!

6 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Thanks again!  So into which of the holes would I insert the lamp plug with the European prongs?

3 minutes ago, elycelynne said:

Thanks again!  So into which of the holes would I insert the lamp plug with the European prongs?

Take a look at mine again:   While it's not obvious looking at it, you can plug the 2 prong Euro plug into *either* the top side or the end.  I just confirmed this by testing with other Euro plugs that I have.

20221222_134012.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Take a look at mine again:   While it's not obvious looking at it, you can plug the 2 prong Euro plug into *either* the top side or the end.  I just confirmed this by testing with other Euro plugs that I have.

20221222_134012.jpg

And thanks yet again!