Holiday Enchantment of the Seas - Live 12/23/2022 to 12/30/2022

Rubyfisch

4 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

Last sea day sunrise:

PXL_20221229_121315139.thumb.jpg.d4bc764e93fd9d2e8c4ee41116db96ea.jpg

Thanks for sharing your cruise. Have enjoyed your posts and pix. Will be onboard the end of March and have appreciated your comments, having sailed the EOTS many years ago. Love the surise. Travel safe as your journey onward. 

40 minutes ago, ginnynj said:

Thanks for sharing your cruise. Have enjoyed your posts and pix. Will be onboard the end of March and have appreciated your comments, having sailed the EOTS many years ago. Love the surise. Travel safe as your journey onward. 

She's an older ship, but I am really enjoying my cruise. And I love having a oceanview - I saw the sunrise and ran up to deck 5 in my PJs to take some pictures...

• Like 4

Just out of curiosity for anyone reading this - what exactly does the person at the Crown & Anchor desk do? Like what question would they be the right person to ask? There never seems to be anyone asking anything, so I can't be the only one that doesn't know ....

1 hour ago, Rubyfisch said:

Finally made it around the top deck a couple of times.

PXL_20221229_131604740.thumb.jpg.7367339b473159c0da3b9d67eabb410d.jpg

If you are ever at the spot, and the silver door opens, stick around.  You will be treated to the lovely aroma of just-baked bread just inside that door.

I'm enjoying your posts.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 2:40 PM, Rubyfisch said:

So I went to the Key lunch ... It was okay but not great. But it was nice to avoid the insanity of Windjammer...

Menu:

PXL_20221223_170248093.thumb.jpg.a44cdd71c13e5e5ec387f1795998606b.jpg

First of all, really enjoying you review.

I had to comment about this lunch. We purchased the Key for a cruise on the Freedom due to the cost. It was dirt cheap and since it included Wi-Fi it made sense to purchase. With that said, the so called Chop’s menu was not good at all. We have dined at Chop’s many times and the food was straight up MDR quality. While it was nice to escape the WJ madness, we would skip this meal. We also had a very difficult time getting a table for two.

2 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

Just out of curiosity for anyone reading this - what exactly does the person at the Crown & Anchor desk do? Like what question would they be the right person to ask? There never seems to be anyone asking anything, so I can't be the only one that doesn't know ....

Funny you should ask, our first cruise ever was on EOS in Jan of this year and we visited the C & A ambassador as my wife somehow ended up with 2 C & A numbers and the CSR could not make sense out of it when we called just before we sailed.  The ambassador at the desk helped us out and sorted the issue.

EOS will always hold a special place in our hearts as we took our first cruise on her.  We loved the ship; yes it is an older ship but the crew more than made up for it.  Thanks for sharing your holiday sailing with us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

not a clue! They could use that space for at least one more painting from the art gallery😂

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

First of all, really enjoying you review.

I had to comment about this lunch. We purchased the Key for a cruise on the Freedom due to the cost. It was dirt cheap and since it included Wi-Fi it made sense to purchase. With that said, the so called Chop’s menu was not good at all. We have dined at Chop’s many times and the food was straight up MDR quality. While it was nice to escape the WJ madness, we would skip this meal. We also had a very difficult time getting a table for two.

Yeah .... It's really not the best the ship has to offer. I'm not sure if I'd get the Key again.

5 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

In March, we visited the Loyalty Ambassador to pick our C&A D+ amenity  and also inquired about our missing Crystal Blocks (still owed one from 12/5/21 Anthem cruise).

It's been a very relaxing last day. Breakfast in Windjammer, the morning puzzle game, and trivia in the Spotlight Lounge, hanging out in the Solarium, lunch in Windjammer, packing, the egg drop competition, Beatles name that tune, a frappacino from Cafe Latitudes, watching the sunset, and now listening to music in the Centrum.

PXL_20221229_220512213.thumb.jpg.0a198ad0579d38c68037583517d9a42d.jpg

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

I also managed to find the jewelry store that sold the middle ground between plastic and diamond encrusted diamonds ... I know it's probably overpriced, but I bought myself a pendant to match a ring I got on my last cruise in 2018. All of the jewelry I bought myself had been while I was traveling, and each piece brings me back to a trip and all the good memories that came from it.

Also, from a mixture of refunded port fees and a couple of things I ended up cancelling, my onboard credit basically covered the cost.

PXL_20221229_021818596.thumb.jpg.fc7e61b11dec129c220f7b340975bc2a.jpg

What are "diamond encrusted diamonds"?  DH and I buy a lot of my jewelry in St. Maarten.

5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

In March, we visited the Loyalty Ambassador to pick our C&A D+ amenity  and also inquired about our missing Crystal Blocks (still owed one from 12/5/21 Anthem cruise).

ok that is a great idea! I still dont have the crystal blocks. in fact, i dont even know what they are, i have only seen the item listed on the C&A graph. 

30 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

The hotel director said she has been at sea for 18 years, and this numbered in the top five hardest cruises of her career. Given all the issues of the first few days, I bet she's gotten very little sleep this cruise ...

i can imagine!

Safe travels for you tomorrow. I know it is sad to leave but going home is a great feeling. 

• Like 1