Crown Princess Hawaii - 15 Feb to 2 Mar - Trip Prep & Live

arctickitty

For the members of Team Cat out there I have some as-promised pictures of what my cats think suitcases are for.

6B9117AD-E52B-4AF7-9275-1322F6ACB49F.thumb.jpeg.955bd982b8593e81753c7e84469c5eb1.jpeg

However, ever since I threatened to post their pictures on CruiseCritic, no one has used them as scratching posts.  They love it so much I was actually thinking I should buy them one from a thrift store so they can have their own.

6959CF5F-A187-40E9-9D06-69E017AF989C.thumb.jpeg.19f596bda755eb3838dceb9486a64e87.jpeg

A84157E4-AB7A-401D-9CD0-9EF32ED7E9FF.thumb.jpeg.144f9d8e379a7312e99f15f1f6ee2956.jpeg

We also got our Apple tag watch holders in the mail for our medallions since we want to try out this high-rolling hands-free life.  I didn’t think there would be space on my wrist for it, but there was.  I thought it looked awkward, but I forgot I was wearing it, so I suppose it will work.

7DC86895-A407-46D4-819E-7E57B116ED1B.jpeg

Edited by arctickitty
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, TheRabbit said:

Was just on the Medallion app and noticed signups are up for Uke, Arts and Crafts, and Hula classes are up for some of the days at sea.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought that clicking on interested in the app is just a way to have highlight it for yourself…or has this changed?

5 hours ago, Woodside Lady said:

We were on the Crown Princess a week ago.  Bring a bar of soap.  Just body wash in the cabin and too scented for me.  There was no bar soap in the gift shop either.  

Welcome home @Woodside Lady!  I haven’t used and soap in years but I do carry some sensitive skin soap with me everywhere.  Relayed,  I found it ironic that Carnival, the “cheap” line had actual hair conditioner in the shower dispenser.  

1 hour ago, arctickitty said:

Welcome home @Woodside Lady!  I haven’t used and soap in years but I do carry some sensitive skin soap with me everywhere.  Relayed,  I found it ironic that Carnival, the “cheap” line had actual hair conditioner in the shower dispenser.  

lol bar soap but I can’t edit the post

19 hours ago, arctickitty said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought that clicking on interested in the app is just a way to have highlight it for yourself…or has this changed?

Your right, by signup I meant you can flag it for yourself. A lot of people have flagged the uke classes.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

@arctickitty I love your kitty pics. Thanks for sharing. We are leaving for our next cruise on 1/31 and our little girl isn’t going to be happy when the suitcases come out this weekend.

@KLM3164 mine would come with me if they could.  Hope you have an amazing trip and that your little girl forgives you.  My mama cat was named Little Girl before I rescued her, but she has a big personality and a big appetite and since she’s living a new life, her name has been Isobel.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wild and free said:

Hi everyone going to Hawaii with us!  Looking forward to being on the sea once again . Last rip was 2018 to Sydney !

Wild and Free Susie and Matt

Welcome aboard. There is another thread for this cruise besides this one on prepping.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, wild and free said:

Hi everyone going to Hawaii with us!  Looking forward to being on the sea once again . Last rip was 2018 to Sydney !

Wild and Free Susie and Matt

Aloha @wild and free and welcome aboard!  You are welcome to add your own comments, questions, etc to this thread as you wish.  We’re going to have a great time!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wild and free said:

Hi Hawaii cruise folks,  will there be a meet and greet on our cruise?

the 16th @ 11 am.  As @TheRabbit posted there is also a roll call for this sailing.  More details on the roll call.  I like to do a trip prep, live from, and then trip report thread that’s open to people not on the sailing whereas the roll call members should only be those on the sailing.

22 hours ago, gdlamberth said:

We are on this same itinerary in April.  I would appreciate it if one of you could post what days are Formal Nights on your cruise.  That will help me plan and book Specialty Dining nights.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Easy peasy will do!  During the cruise I tend to do one or two very short updates per day, maybe just one picture to represent the theme of the day or a funny anecdote or a favorite food and then afterwards I write up the detailed blow by blow step by step.  Which should be done well before April.  But to others on this sailing, you are welcome to answer other cruisers’ questions too!

Less than one week to go…

Leaving on this trip doesn’t quite feel real yet, but I’ll blink and it will be happening.  

The Big News here is that Special Someone came home on time and we’ve been getting him used to the cold.  It’s been dropping below zero again some days but not crazy far so it’s all very manageable.  We had him out on snowshoes not long after he landed.  

1B2F6DF0-1C9F-42E7-B35B-68D4E60A41A2.thumb.jpeg.dd353eadebf77d58736da920c622d9e0.jpeg

I’ve practiced swimming some more and have gotten even better and my last time with flippers went more smoothly and I didn’t feel as weak as when I first tried it.  Aiming to practice two more times this week!  It’s hard work to get two swims into one work week, but this is the week to do it.

Our medallions arrived in the mail with the Princess lanyards and we’re glad we have our own other options.  We both want to try them on our wrists and are intrigued about the hands-free experience.  

B3E20AF5-9944-4FFC-A9D1-17575330E38C.thumb.jpeg.4b825f0b6b2eb3dbc07dbb491fe8bcaf.jpeg

Cruise clothes are a whole separate beast from everyday Alaskan clothes and we played dress up the other day to try things on.  I’m bummed about the white & gold theme night as neither of us has anything those colors and our local thrift store had nothing suitable either.  We never dress up at home so we plan to dress up for all three formal nights and I’m glad there are three because I have 3 thrift store dresses I bought for my last cruise and I only wore 2 of them.  I will just say that purple will be happening.  Maybe on white & gold night.  And last night I got my hair sparkled which is the closest you will get me to a spa or salon so my hair is all festive and cruise ready now!

65568D94-8539-47F0-9E15-17B68BE2DB30.thumb.jpeg.3159cf6e185c9f12eff77f98f0477240.jpeg

The babies all had their annual well-kitty appointments and are all healthy so that was good timing for before a cruise.

B19B9FD7-9D8C-41BF-8E72-4F7182B3F56F.thumb.jpeg.212e3bec6c77e2cb025276414f0de1df.jpeg

8B651906-F677-4470-9DE4-97715DB8BB83.thumb.jpeg.e92903a18d7e5ebd1a55d87142014709.jpeg

• Like 2