Crown Princess Hawaii - 15 Feb to 2 Mar - Trip Prep & Live

arctickitty

5 hours ago, arctickitty said:

San Pedro DoubleTree stories Part Three

When we opened the curtains to enjoy the sunlight band harbor view, we found this:

59401FEA-57DC-449F-BC1A-370D68E75607.thumb.jpeg.375fb7314f8903ae210c329e2238e49b.jpeg

We figured maybe that was the reason they’d given us 4 cookies when we checked in.

53D88D75-5B40-48E1-AC98-A372BFE3CAA4.thumb.jpeg.3605d16c8e07684ad81a58b8c83b222e.jpeg

Did you speak to a manager? Doesn't matter that it was free, that is unacceptable. I would have been so upset. What room number as our group is staying there next month . 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, coops said:

Did you speak to a manager? Doesn't matter that it was free, that is unacceptable. I would have been so upset. What room number as our group is staying there next month . 

No, it was Special Someone’s reservation and he didn’t want to.  We are go with the flow, relaxed people on vacation.  All it did for us was raise our eyebrows and give us some good laughs.  And tell us that the terrible reviews on TripAdvisor are probably all true.

It was room 369.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

if you have time, could you please let me know what time the 'ukulele classes are held? no rush &  if not no worries...enjoy your cruise

It is 1pm every sea day.  I learned Tiki Dave’s preferred way of holding and strumming today.  And of pressing the frets.

I grew up playing a small 4 stringed instrument called a Tamburica Bisernica or prim as we called them for short, so I was holding it and trying to play it just like that.

66C84D7D-A615-4D39-8FD4-572471F58589.thumb.jpeg.a0c4eae7f4cb1618653219f80912f50c.jpeg

Tiki Dave said that they had 90 loaner ukes on board, not counting, of course, those who brought their own.

1 minute ago, arctickitty said:

It is 1pm every sea day.  I learned Tiki Dave’s preferred way of holding and strumming today.  And of pressing the frets.

I grew up playing a small 4 stringed instrument called a Tamburica Bisernica or prim as we called them for short, so I was holding it and trying to play it just like that.

66C84D7D-A615-4D39-8FD4-572471F58589.thumb.jpeg.a0c4eae7f4cb1618653219f80912f50c.jpeg

Tiki Dave said that they had 90 loaner ukes on board, not counting, of course, those who brought their own.

thank you so much! I think he is on for the next cruise too...he is a wonderful teacher as is Leialoha who does hula & crafts. 

20 hours ago, arctickitty said:

One of my favorite parts of traveling with Special Someone is the blissful look on his face when he’s relaxed and happy.

AC6D7612-CD48-4E65-B7F3-8FE0620951AC.thumb.jpeg.e7da139515b6a7d461c2a86c5308d4ad.jpeg

well now I know what gender "special someone" is  😃 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@arctickitty...how are the sea conditions to and from Hawaii?

From my perspective enough movement to feel it and have fun but not so much they’ve closed the outdoor decks (although the pools have been closed).  We did see the 14 aft pool without a net last night but the others have all been covered.  Crew says it’s rough but not as much as the last cruise.  Other passengers say things like they thought they were going to fall out of bed.  One woman fell during Zumba.

6 hours ago, Lady Meer said:

Which restaurant were you in?  It looks really good!

Good Morning @Lady Meer!  This was in the MDR.  It was a lamb shank.  

Before I cruised on Princess the first time I learned a trick on here to ask for “steamed vegetables” with my dinner and they bring a bowl of veggies.  In this case, to make space on the table I scooted them onto the plate with the lamb (which came with 2 Brussels sprouts and 2 pieces of potato—excellent morsels but not enough veg for me).  The texture of the steamed veggies they bring always wows me- soft yet firm at the same time and full of flavor.  I don’t know how they do it.  The purple and yellow cauliflower varieties here were especially surprising to me—I haven’t been served varietals before!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

I know there's no Alfredos, but can you tell me if the Capricciosa Pizza is available from room service. If it is, I know my wife will order it everyday. Mahalo

Good morning, @Yehootu the pizzeria on Crown is called Slice and I did see pizza as an up charge item on Ocean Now (anywhere room service).  

F0BCA4FE-FFCA-4D8D-9C64-096C81591C99.thumb.jpeg.60ecf70548d6edeb439f144e7e570a9d.jpeg

Looks like it’s available 11-11 (the in person Slice is open 11-9) and is $3 for cheese or pepperoni.  At the in person slice they’ve also been having a daily special.  We haven’t tried it yet but yesterday I said I hadn’t even seen Slice so we went and looked for it.

F6DE2D5B-4BD8-400E-B957-F60ED6DD80D6.jpeg

Edited by arctickitty

During dinner last night, this photo popped up from my cat sitter and warmed my heart that we were all eating at the same time.

CA3EEEA4-937E-4526-9EA0-01FEBF8961F0.thumb.jpeg.9f216f07ac4ffbe118d9b1552ff769dd.jpeg

Special Someone said, “She must be doing it right because they’re all in the right spots.”

(I feed them in the same order every time but the first time Special Someone fed them when I wasn’t home, he’d just gotten home from being away for a long time and didn’t remember the order and described dinner as “chaotic.”)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, arctickitty said:

Good morning, @Yehootu the pizzeria on Crown is called Slice and I did see pizza as an up charge item on Ocean Now (anywhere room service).  

BDE54535-236E-4DA0-A3EA-C9FAE50526F0.thumb.jpeg.23318d49a0701f4cd5303803ac8351ff.jpeg

Looks like it’s available 11-11 (the in person Slice is open 11-9) and is $3 for cheese or pepperoni.  At the in person slice they’ve also been having a daily special.  We haven’t tried it yet but yesterday I said I hadn’t even seen Slice so we went and looked for it.

F6DE2D5B-4BD8-400E-B957-F60ED6DD80D6.jpeg

Good Morning, Thank-you, didn't think they'd have that pizza on a non Alfredos ship. That'll cut down on room service.

• Haha 1