Crown Princess Hawaii - 15 Feb to 2 Mar - Trip Prep & Live

arctickitty

22 minutes ago, Cowboys60 said:

Howdy everyone. How do you join roll call and is there a cruise critic meet and greet? Thanks

aloha @Cowboys60  if you click on the icon with 3 horizontal lines and then forums and then find your roll call you should find it.  Yes there is a meet & greet mentioned in there.

Here is the signup post:

Use this LINK to signup for the website. An email with the website link should come to you automatedly after you hit submit. Please don't post the link to the site as it will contain emails. If you do not see it, read instructions below. Make sure to go to the activities at sea to signup for all types of activities.

We will need other Cruisers to lead the events such as Slot Pulls, maybe a Chefs Dinner etc. Please email me if you are interested.

Any problems, let me know. I can only hope Ihave all the share attributes correct.
Also, if you are on a page and fill out the formfor signing up, make sure to refresh the web page to see the changes. If you haven't seen an email after lets say 1 hour, email me (email is in my signature on CC). Make sure to also check wherever your email system sent it to junk/spam mail as the email contains a link to a site and some security filters reject these emails as spam.

54 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

@arctickitty Sure hope you’ve made it to LA by now! Wishing you a safe and fun-filled cruise! Thanks for taking us to Hawaii with you.

Yes we did!!!  We high-fived each other that we made it to LA pavement.

I think all my ideas of things to do this evening are fizzling plum out as it catches up with me that I’ve slept 45 minutes at a time 2 or 3 times since I worked on Monday.

Y’all would think it’s hilarious how many urban things I don’t understand like I’ve never seen a Tesla before.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, LawDog61 said:

But a very rocky and windy crossing.  Hopefully you will have better weather.

No chance.  Hawaii is in for some wicked weather this coming week/end.  You can't outrun it since you are sailing toward it. Should be a cakewalk compared to your air travels.  Or was that a precursor to prepare you for your sailing?

1 hour ago, LawDog61 said:

But a very rocky and windy crossing.  Hopefully you will have better weather.

@LawDog61 thanks for the update!  I have enjoyed rocking and rolling in the past so I hope I still do!  I do hope the outdoor decks aren’t closed all the time but we are adjustable people.

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

No chance.  Hawaii is in for some wicked weather this coming week/end.  You can't outrun it since you are sailing toward it. Should be a cakewalk compared to your air travels.  Or was that a precursor to prepare you for your sailing?

Bring it on!!  I love weather!!  Air travel wasn’t bad once we finally boarded.  Seattle had snow which made all the planes late getting into Fairbanks and then our plane had a mechanical.  They decided do to a plane swap but then changed their minds and we flew on the original plane but they had to shuffle the gear and crew back.  

When we got to the point at which we thought we’d miss our connection I called Reservations and got in the virtual queue as well as the physical in-person one.  I was able to get our connecting flight rebooked during boarding.  So we made it!  We got to experience LA rush hour (in a Tesla) with a driver with a suspended license for having gotten a ticket for doing 107 (or so he claimed).  Very chatty guy and he showed us how the autopilot works and battery display.  

• Like 4

We arrived in Seattle about 4 hours late in the N gates.  Special Someone determined he had lounge access at The Club @ SEA so we rode the train to C and then walked to A.  I am who I am so I timed our trek.  It was healthy.

4613DAF5-ECDB-4CB7-A755-9DE6C58FB4B7.thumb.jpeg.01d9a9311fca98fc195064ce08cadff5.jpeg

The Club is no Centurion but it did have a bar and an espresso machine.  I didn’t like the lattes the machine made but I did like the dark chocolate mochas.  And I really liked the cucumber lime water and the big pint glasses to drink it from.

A77D2BEB-7D69-4443-B3F0-AE36DB3A3E83.thumb.jpeg.f910ceb45c991dc2cce8e7d734ce2fb3.jpeg

When I saw the list of their 4 signature cocktails I told Special Someone that it was his duty to help me drink all 4 of them.  

We tried a variety of the food; it ranged from OK the blech.  I asked why the hummus was green and he said he thought it was guacamole.  So then I asked why the guacamole is green.

FB03C243-8A24-4EF6-B5B9-005A6A2A4494.thumb.jpeg.d4fa33415021812bface27ddf746ee45.jpeg

Our first cocktail was their Loaded Bloody Mary that was missing its loaded ness but the flavor in the liquid part of the drink was top notch.   It has a lot of complexity beyond the spiciness.

B59F29EA-1304-4AA4-A594-7A9FD1AB76C1.thumb.jpeg.0defc29174051fea3a1984284d1ed6b7.jpeg

Second was their margarita made with their own fresh citrus blend.  It was pretty good and the citrus was quality but the other drinks simply outshone it.

4DC71B3C-A905-4446-9BD2-D141E22ACD9E.thumb.jpeg.063797592766bd0d55e59973c280f2d1.jpeg

Next we tried the Blood Orange Mimosa which wasn’t blood orange colored or even very orange tasting but it sure was delightfully slurpable.

A5DDDB48-4D74-401A-B07F-C0EC5A6D20FB.thumb.jpeg.3d52e13a203ed96eef17e814c9528ec8.jpeg

Finally we tried the Spiked Citrus Cooler and as much as I enjoyed the Bloody Mary, this was a knockout for me with the combination of the fruit and cucumber flavors.  I drank this one down.  

(Sorry, no picture).

This drinking experiment showed that what I think I will like doesn’t always turn out to be my favorite.  We appreciated that the drinks were small and poured with a light hand as it allowed us to taste all four of them without feeling any ill effects.

Afterwards we walked back from A to D and then took the train back to the N gates and I had it timed perfectly and we walked right on board with our proper boarding group.

844ACD79-C9C5-4A00-993C-4424DD94FFF5.jpeg

1 hour ago, arctickitty said:

We got to experience LA rush hour (in a Tesla) with a driver with a suspended license for having gotten a ticket for doing 107 (or so he claimed).

Uber driver with a suspended license….wow!!! I hope he was just playing with you and making stuff up.

14 hours ago, marden1970 said:

Hi Tawlaw, we'll be on the same cruise and I just learned you can request a hand held shower wand on your medallion app under My Preferences then Accessibilty.  I requested one, will see what happens.  I guess you can always ask your room steward.  See you on board!

Hi Marden1970…..thank you so much.    I will request one as well.   See you on board!!!!!    Getting so excited!   

• Like 1

Good Morning Cruise Critic!

What a novel idea to wake up to natural daylight in the winter!

Just a friendly reminder that although I will continue to post live periodically, internet allowing, it’s not always going to be in real time or sequential or the full story.  I like to do a mix of posting some highlights and if I have time (usually while waiting for something) might post a story, but typically the details and stories will come afterward I go back home.

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You definitely needed that "side bar".  Hope you bought the Drink Package (either or).  You have a lot of sea days coming up.

We do!  I’ve wanted to try Princess Plus for a long time and we *think* the math checks out for this itinerary with so many sea days.  I’d be nervous to have zero way to be contacted by my cat sitter so I knew this would be my first cruise with internet.  

Back to story time…

As the plane was beginning to taxi in Seattle, Special Someone turned to me and asked, “Do we need passports for this?”

My organs dropped.

D6C55168-FDAC-4773-94D6-A704D13A0559.thumb.jpeg.477bd149b19ecdf23c72330aceee5e96.jpeg

I tried to calmly talk this through.  “Remember, we talked about this?  You went and got it out?  What did you do with it?  Wait I saw you get it out?  You mean you really didn’t pack it?” until I finally figured out he was kidding me and he reached to press the button on my watch to show my heart rate.