Crown Princess Hawaii - 15 Feb to 2 Mar - Trip Prep & Live

arctickitty

2 hours ago, arctickitty said:

We do!  I’ve wanted to try Princess Plus for a long time and we *think* the math checks out for this itinerary with so many sea days.  I’d be nervous to have zero way to be contacted by my cat sitter so I knew this would be my first cruise with internet.  

I have my cat sitter email me a photo everyday of our fur baby. I need my daily cat fix!

• Like 2

For those of you wondering what the hotel is like…(Doubletree San Pedro)… my summary would be that it is adequate for pre-cruise purposes but it is not up to typical Doubletree standards.  At all.

While I was preparing morning coffee, the bedside lamp caught my eye.

2E50E2BE-662C-44F1-8A74-C89CD55618D0.thumb.jpeg.c848f77a1abee5d53f46b8031c25f7de.jpeg

“Oh!  There’s panties in the lamp!”  I announced.

“There’s panties in the lamp?” Special Someone inquired.

38D56C3D-3554-462C-9D20-D8D22CD2A446.thumb.jpeg.45a05d7ebbb6a358455653f2a2b0becf.jpeg

“Yes, there’s panties in the lamp and they’re not mine!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Oh dear! We stayed there last time and I was planning on booking there for our November cruise. May have to move to the Crowne Plaza instead. Makes you wonder what else has been left in the room that you may not see. As well as how clean the room really is.

44 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Thongs?  Bikinis?  Grannies?  

Was the owner trying to dry them out?  Shivers down my spine.

Upon consideration they are a bit utilitarian and we suspect a flight attendant was trying to dry them.   We saw a lot of flight crews during our stay.

2 hours ago, arctickitty said:

Upon consideration they are a bit utilitarian and we suspect a flight attendant was trying to dry them.   We saw a lot of flight crews during our stay.

Sorry to disillusion you, but flight attendants would not be placed in San Pedro.  Long Beach or LAX.  Now back to trying to solve the mystery.  

Congratulations on your balcony upgrade.  Did you not know until you arrived at the port?  Enjoy your sunsets (I have rarely been up for sunrises).  

I ask everyone I know to send my aloha to Tiki Dave and Leialoha.  Just tell them Renee is waiting for the next season.  

I would have thought San Pedro was too far away for flight crews but the hotel has contracts with Air Tahiti Nui, Air China, and others.  A whole crew checked out shortly after we checked in. This morning I rode the elevator with a flight attendant from Air Tahiti Nui whose  destination was Paris.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

San Pedro DoubleTree Stories Part 2

When we arrived, a dozen or more rooms on our hallway had piles of dirty linens outside them and we were surprised to see housekeeping serving rooms in the evening.  

While waiting for the elevator back down with some other guests we saw one employee pour water from some sort of receptacle onto the hall floor.  He was yelling/muttering at another employee and then I heard some crash sounds that sounded like someone throwing things.  Special Someone said he threw some things that looked like brooms.

When I needed to grab something from the room during dinner I quipped “No one better throw a broom at me or else it’s going on Cruise Critic.”

Regarding our upgrade, we didn’t know about it even at the port; we didn’t know until we’d been on board for at least 20 minutes.

In the terminal we checked in under the Interior number.

We got the standard slip of paper with a list of dining venues and the notice that we were welcome to drop off carryons to our cabin.

Our medallions wouldn’t open our cabin.  

We made the assumption that the rooms “hadn’t been turned on yet” as it was only 11:15 in the morning.

We went to the International Cafe to “buy” coffee and our medallions didn’t work.  The barista told us they weren’t activated and we needed to go to the front desk to get them fixed.  

At the front desk, the clerk was puzzled for a few minutes.  

DA1B5D35-154C-4A73-8480-D83F77E8F4E1.thumb.jpeg.d1bc6269f83488f1a50415d99ae2b11f.jpeg

Then he told us we’d been upgraded!

• Like 2

@arctickitty....OMG that hotel room story is a NIGHTMARE....you deserve FULL credit!

Apparently the high power upstairs was watching over you and rewarded you with a cabin upgrade on the ship, which I would take over the hellish hotel room!

Enjoying following your review.  We booked Hawaii for next January on HAL.

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Could be because they removed it from the website over the weekend.  Really ?  In reference to coffee package.

Probably a pricing error…

The error getting coffee was because of our room change.  Once guest services updated our medallions with the new room number, ordering works smoothly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

@arctickitty....OMG that hotel room story is a NIGHTMARE....you deserve FULL credit!

Apparently the high power upstairs was watching over you and rewarded you with a cabin upgrade on the ship, which I would take over the hellish hotel room!

Enjoying following your review.  We booked Hawaii for next January on HAL.

We used points for the room so the room was free, the shuttle was free…free 99 works for me.  

Have fun on HAL!  

• Like 1