Fitness Centre on Mariner

Tomotter

There was a recent flashback concerning the Fitness Centre on Mariner. The person wrote: “The fitness room is quite small and crowded with only a handful of cardio machines and most in poor working condition. Poor air circulation and lack of adequate A/C in the room made for an unpleasant experience, so we abandoned our efforts”. Can someone who is – or recently was – on Mariner please clarify?

1 minute ago, Tomotter said:

There was a recent flashback concerning the Fitness Centre on Mariner. The person wrote: “The fitness room is quite small and crowded with only a handful of cardio machines and most in poor working condition. Poor air circulation and lack of adequate A/C in the room made for an unpleasant experience, so we abandoned our efforts”. Can someone who is – or recently was – on Mariner please clarify?

The fitness room is a little small, but has a reasonably decent number of cardio machines...all in working order when we were on Mariner in October. Air circulation was fine. Windows are small, so not a lot of light or opportunities for views outside. Regent ships are different than other cruise lines in that most of them have the fitness room toward the rear of the ship with a low ceiling. Most ships on other cruise lines have fitness rooms forward on the ship, often with high ceilings and panoramic views. If you ever sailed on Crystal, the fitness room setup on Regent Mariner is similar.

On Mariner October/November.  No issues with Fitness Center equipment or ventilation.  

Explorer, Splendor, and Grandeur Fitness Centers are Aft, with relatively easy access to respective Infinity Pool(s).  On older Navigator, Mariner, and Explorer--no Infinity Pool, and Fitness Centers are Forward.   

GOARMY!

12 minutes ago, GOARMY said:

On Mariner October/November.  No issues with Fitness Center equipment or ventilation.  

Explorer, Splendor, and Grandeur Fitness Centers are Aft, with relatively easy access to respective Infinity Pool(s).  On older Navigator, Mariner, and Explorer--no Infinity Pool, and Fitness Centers are Forward.   

GOARMY!

Apologies for my earlier post. The fitness center on Mariner is indeed forward.

Edited by edgee
clarification

I was on Mariner in November and visited the fitness center multiple times. While it is not large, I did not see any machine out of order or not functioning. I had a positive impression while I was there and had no complaints.
Enjoy your cruise!

• 4 weeks later...

Does Mariner have a row machine? We’re on the Splendor now and there are two; on the Explorer in 2019 there was one. It’s been a few years since I was on the Mariner and we’re scheduled for a cruise in Oct’23; last time  we were on the Mariner there was no rower. Can anyone give me an update on the equipment.

Just now, Gray Eagle02 said:

Does Mariner have a row machine? We’re on the Splendor now and there are two; on the Explorer in 2019 there was one. It’s been a few years since I was on the Mariner and we’re scheduled for a cruise in Oct’23; last time  we were on the Mariner there was no rower. Can anyone give me an update on the equipment.

No rowing machine on Mariner. 

• Like 1