Stateroom Bar Set Up

HD2003

We have booked our first Celebrity Cruise since prior to the pandemic and there is now an option for Stateroom Bar Set Up.  The price is 94.99 (in this case) per package but it does not fully explain the cost.  Can anyone shed some light on how it works?  For example is that the cost per day for the stateroom and is the set up enough for 2 people?  Any information will be greatly appreciated.

1 minute ago, HD2003 said:

We have booked our first Celebrity Cruise since prior to the pandemic and there is now an option for Stateroom Bar Set Up.  The price is 94.99 (in this case) per package but it does not fully explain the cost.  Can anyone shed some light on how it works?  For example is that the cost per day for the stateroom and is the set up enough for 2 people?  Any information will be greatly appreciated.

It is a one time setup of a bottle of alcohol and mixers.   I can't remember the size of the bottle of alcohol but I am pretty sure it was less than 750 ml.  I think that information was shared in another posting somewhere here on CC a couple of months ago.

It will serve two people a couple of drinks.  How many will depend on how strong you mix them. 

We ordered the Premium Bar Setup a couple weeks ago.   On the first day the Bar Services will come to your room with a Liter Bottle of your Choice (listed in package) and mixers of your choice.   I think they limit the mixer to 12 cans of your choice.  Unlike Chem we did not receive any nuts which would be a nice touch.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We ordered the Premium Bar Setup a couple weeks ago.   On the first day the Bar Services will come to your room with a Liter Bottle of your Choice (listed in package) and mixers of your choice.   I think they limit the mixer to 12 cans of your choice.  Unlike Chem we did not receive any nuts which would be a nice touch.

I was not aware the bottle of alcohol was that large as I had read reports similar to @chemmosaying it was a small bottle of liquor.  I wonder if having the Premium is what warranted the larger bottle? 

59 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I was not aware the bottle of alcohol was that large as I had read reports similar to @chemmosaying it was a small bottle of liquor.  I wonder if having the Premium is what warranted the larger bottle? 

It was not a small bottle, it was a one litre…

I am now wondering if it was on RC we had the nuts….Definitely had the one litre bottles on both lines when we booked the in suite bar set up. However, as I said in my original post, it is few years now since we did this as we generally book RS or PH on Celebrity with in suite bar set up as standard.

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Iain has always gotten the Grey Goose and the same size bottle that you get in an Upper Suite.   Just took a look as he brought one home from the RS we had.  Definitely a Liter.   I would suspect it would be the same in the Classic Selection -  Only difference being the label.

With the classic you get a choice of Absolute, Bacardi Silver, Captain Morgan, Jameson, Johnny Walker Red and Tanqueray. 

With Premium your choices are Jack DAniels, Bombay Saphire, Grey Goose, Johnny Walker Black or Ketel One.

We have always gotten this and yes, it is a 1 litre bottle of your choice from whichever level of label you choose, plus 6 cans of mixers per bottle ( your choice - usually from your stateroom attendant upon checking into your cabin ) as well as a box of mixed nuts ( pre-2019 ).  Expensive but convenient.  And so enjoyable for cocktails on our balcony!

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Iain has always gotten the Grey Goose and the same size bottle that you get in an Upper Suite.   Just took a look as he brought one home from the RS we had.  Definitely a Liter.   I would suspect it would be the same in the Classic Selection -  Only difference being the label.

I may have to give this a try.  I usually just take one of the little bottle's of Tito's from the mini fridge if I want an in-room cocktail.   I use to get the "Drinks and More" package but they have discontinued that offering.