Using the NCL App to check in at the pier?

Laszlo

I have always printed out our E Docs and used them for check in at the pier. I printed them again last week. I was messing around with the NCL app this morning and was able to "Check In" and download the PDF. The check in PDF with the bar code now shows up in my App. I'm assuming that will work for check in at the pier???

1 minute ago, phillygwm said:

It will, 99% of the time.  If you don't have a signal, your phone dies, etc. you'll have a problem.  I get too uptight about those 1% probabilities so I'll always print my docs...but you don't absolutely need to.

Thanks for the information. I saved out the PDF to my Notes so it opens in there just in case

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

Thanks for the information. I saved out the PDF to my Notes so it opens in there just in case

This is what I do.  I have a whole file with screenshots/photos of my passport, edocs, vaccines card, etc. I haven't printed out the edocs since the restart on 6 cruises. As long as my phone is on, I don't need data, wi-fi or anything else. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

@Laszlo  psssst   MCT/Pier 88 has free WiFi for public access, non-secured (of course) and when we're there doing our Sept Joy check-in, worked flawlessly & it's quite fast, better than trying to get a cellular signal (VZW is better, T-Mo & ATT aren't as strong inside the terminal)

We showed our eDocs on the smartphone to the screener guarding the first section before security, just a quick glance and fine with it.  Did have printed copies with us, just in case ... never liked handling multi-pieces of papers.  

Our roll-call will be lurking & following your sailing, do let us know who the senior/junior officers are onboard, post them if & when attending the M&G.  We're just chatting that let's hope we aren't going to doing that on the Hudson Rivera at Pier 88 next month, like this past week, LOL.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

@Laszlo  psssst   MCT/Pier 88 has free WiFi for public access, non-secured (of course) and when we're there doing our Sept Joy check-in, worked flawlessly & it's quite fast, better than trying to get a cellular signal (VZW is better, T-Mo & ATT aren't as strong inside the terminal)

We showed our eDocs on the smartphone to the screener guarding the first section before security, just a quick glance and fine with it.  Did have printed copies with us, just in case ... never liked handling multi-pieces of papers.  

Our roll-call will be lurking & following your sailing, do let us know who the senior/junior officers are onboard, post them if & when attending the M&G.  We're just chatting that let's hope we aren't going to doing that on the Hudson Rivera at Pier 88 next month, like this past week, LOL.  

• Like 1