How many days out will get flight arrangement from NCL?

screenname2004

I believe you cannot request flight deviation if you’re within the 75 days window, but I could be mistaken. I have been told different time frames for receiving the flight details from 60 days as well as 30-45 days out. I’m currently 55 days out and awaiting our international flights from Atlanta to Auckland.

• Like 1

I just got a letter that said we wouldn't get ours until 30 days before due to the airlines' ever changing schedules.  We are about 53 days out and many people on our cruise (from Canada) have already gotten theirs.  We are flying out of Detroit if that makes any difference, to Panama.

1 hour ago, Cali82 said:

I believe you cannot request flight deviation if you’re within the 75 days window, but I could be mistaken. I have been told different time frames for receiving the flight details from 60 days as well as 30-45 days out. I’m currently 55 days out and awaiting our international flights from Atlanta to Auckland.

I would be interested in what kind of flights you get as we are going to Sydney (I know different country but it is in the same general area).  I know it's going to be a long journey but if I book it direct I can possibly avoid long layovers,

Deviation requests have to be more than 75 days out. They will tell you 30-60 days out, got my flight info for a Feb 12 cruise about a week ago, so a little more than 50 days out. Normally they will not make any changes after flights are booked, although they may rebook in the event of potential strikes (their determination) or extremely short layovers (your request).

I have a cruise booked with my DH out of San Juan on March 5 and we just got our flight details yesterday - more than 60 days in advance. We fly from Toronto with one one stop over in Washington with United.  Departure is at 6am. Not great flights but could be worse?

9 hours ago, cruiseat50 said:

I would be interested in what kind of flights you get as we are going to Sydney (I know different country but it is in the same general area).  I know it's going to be a long journey but if I book it direct I can possibly avoid long layovers,

We are cruising from Sydney to Aukland in January.   We got lucky with our flights.  PDX to SFO 1:45PM to 3:30 PM.   SFO to SYD 8PM to 6:30 AM 15 hour flight.   Return from Aukland: AUK to HNL  11:30PM to 9 AM.   HNL to PDX  1 PM to 8 PM.   It's important to note we rolled the dice and got lucky.  But worth the savings of over $2000 to us.  

Also the Air dept at NCL has nothing to do with seat assignments, that's on the airline.   Some airlines let you chose others don't until checkin.   Flight out is on United which let us chose.  Return flight is on Hawaiian which won't let us pick seats until check in.

As others noted no deviations/changes after 75 days.  We got our flights about 60 days in advance.

A note about layovers.  I used to think 4 hours was a long layover.  However this year when returning from London to Seattle the flight was delayed by 2 hours due to the queen's funeral.  Our layover in seattle was 4 hours so no issue getting our flight.  Most on the plane with connections had to wait overnight that missed connections.  So was glad to have a longer layover.

Edited by davencl
  • Like 1

I am the OP and have another related. The air we bought from NCL is from Southern Calif to Miami. With the time difference, I assume we will get a red eye flight going to Miami. With Red eye means we will be getting into Miami early morning. when does the NCL bus start at MIA?

We received our flight info on Christmas Day for our March 6 Cruise to Panama Canal - 70 days til the flight and 71 days til the cruise.

Ottawa to Toronto 8am - 9.18am

Toronto to Miami 10.30am - 1.48pm (the day before the cruise so a pleasant afternoon wandering the streets is planned)

(perfect flights)

Miami to Newark 3.10pm - 6.26pm

Newark to Ottawa 8.29pm - 10.09pm

(not my favourite but totally acceptable)

Saved over $1400 from if I had booked them myself. So can't complain about that.

And I can bid for an upgrade on the Air Canada leg (haven't looked into the United return leg).

On 12/28/2022 at 9:18 AM, Ozzyrosie said:

I have a cruise booked with my DH out of San Juan on March 5 and we just got our flight details yesterday - more than 60 days in advance. We fly from Toronto with one one stop over in Washington with United.  Departure is at 6am. Not great flights but could be worse?

Hey, is there a way to see your air on NCL's site or will you only be able to see it in an email they send you?

4 hours ago, Nova Scotia Cruisers said:

Hey, is there a way to see your air on NCL's site or will you only be able to see it in an email they send you?

From what I can tell, I can’t see the flight on my NCL account - only in the email. 

I can only see flights in email notin account or  app. we got our flights about 70 days to sail date. We made our request for 2 day flight deviation when we booked last July. We are very happy with the flights they picked for us! 

On 12/27/2022 at 11:55 PM, cruiseat50 said:

Our flight are from Atlanta to Houston to LAX then to Auckland (super long day). Coming back it’s Sydney to SFO to Atlanta. NCL screwed up our flight deviation request so we are arriving the day of.

On 12/28/2022 at 11:38 AM, screenname2004 said:

I am the OP and have another related. The air we bought from NCL is from Southern Calif to Miami. With the time difference, I assume we will get a red eye flight going to Miami. With Red eye means we will be getting into Miami early morning. when does the NCL bus start at MIA?

I know this was posted a week ago but it wasn't answered.  Yes, you're likely getting a redeye (this is actually now covered in detail covered in the terms of the promotion).  The port is a very short ride from MIA, the shuttles probably won't start until 9 AM or a little later.  When I sailed from MIA in March they didn't open the doors to let people in and start processing them until 10 or 10:30 AM.

For your reference, the T&C's are here - https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

Here's the relevant section - 

If flying from the West Coast to the East Coast of the U.S., we reserve an overnight flight allowing you plenty of time to get to your destination city.

There's also this, if you haven't gotten your flights yet - 

Guests embarking or disembarking in PortMiami may be reserved on flights arriving or departing at Miami International Airport (MIA) or Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL).

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cali82 said:

Our flight are from Atlanta to Houston to LAX then to Auckland (super long day). Coming back it’s Sydney to SFO to Atlanta. NCL screwed up our flight deviation request so we are arriving the day of.

Thank you for answering as I was starting to think maybe we would give them a shot as I know it's going to be expensive but this is the main reason I won't!!  I don't want to start off our cruise of a lifetime trip to French Polynesia all stressed out.  

8 hours ago, cruiseat50 said:

Thank you for answering as I was starting to think maybe we would give them a shot as I know it's going to be expensive but this is the main reason I won't!!  I don't want to start off our cruise of a lifetime trip to French Polynesia all stressed out.  

I don’t blame you. This was my first time booking with them and doubt I will do it again.

14 hours ago, hallux said:

For your reference, the T&C's are here - https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

Here's the relevant section - 

If flying from the West Coast to the East Coast of the U.S., we reserve an overnight flight allowing you plenty of time to get to your destination city.

There's also this, if you haven't gotten your flights yet - 

Guests embarking or disembarking in PortMiami may be reserved on flights arriving or departing at Miami International Airport (MIA) or Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL).

Thanks. We knew about the possibility of flying to FLL instead of MIA. That is the reason we have the NCL ground transportation. If we know for sure we are flying to MIA, we can take uber or taxi cheaper than $50 for 2 of us. Don't think we can do the same from FLL.

21 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

Thanks. We knew about the possibility of flying to FLL instead of MIA. That is the reason we have the NCL ground transportation. If we know for sure we are flying to MIA, we can take uber or taxi cheaper than $50 for 2 of us. Don't think we can do the same from FLL.

Sure you can, SAS will take two people from FLL to the MIA port for $15pp.

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

Received my flight info for our cruise next month. The flights are on American Airlines but I can't located them at aa.com by using the record location or my ticket number.

Your flight information should be looked up on the AA site using the six digit Airline Conf #. This is the left most column of your flight detail.

Edited by SeaShark
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Your flight information should be looked up on the AA site using the six digit Airline Conf #. This is the left most column of your flight detail.

Thanks.

At aa.com, I click "Travel Information" -> "your trip" -> "search for another trip" and put in my last name and airline conf #, I got "504 Gateway Time-out".

If I enter my e-ticket # on the same page, I got "We are unable to retrieve your reservation with the information provided. Please verify your information and re-submit. Otherwise, if you need assistance, please contact aa.com Web Services. "

I guess I will wait a bit before trying again.

2 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

Thanks.

At aa.com, I click "Travel Information" -> "your trip" -> "search for another trip" and put in my last name and airline conf #, I got "504 Gateway Time-out".

If I enter my e-ticket # on the same page, I got "We are unable to retrieve your reservation with the information provided. Please verify your information and re-submit. Otherwise, if you need assistance, please contact aa.com Web Services. "

I guess I will wait a bit before trying again.

Actually, you want to click on MANAGE TRIPS/CHECK IN in the middle of the page, then enter your last name and the Airline Conf #. 

• Thanks 1