Viking vs Azamara?

Snowcat1

1 hour ago, millybess said:

I don’t agree with your use of the term “lower class passengers”. It doesn’t apply to Viking cruises. We have found that once you’re on board a Viking ship, your cabin class is never an issue unlike most cruise lines. That’s the main reason we cruise with Viking. 

As I said, my observations are based on my pre-cruise experience.  It is not meant as a criticism to any passengers. It’s just how Viking has made me feel prior to the trip.   I really hope your comments are correct because I really do want to love Viking. 

5 hours ago, basenji56 said:

Does Azamara have all verandas like Viking?

No they do not. There are ocean views and insides available which are popular with some guests 

Have had one sailing on each and Viking was superior on most criteria IMHO. Both sailings were within the past 18 months. I’ve not booked another Azamara (though would if the price was right) but have booked 2 further Viking cruises.

putting aside quality, my biggest gripe with Azamara were the flights we were placed on and. Conditions of booking. In short we got budget airlines (no issue as such) but non refundable. So if you or Azamara changed your cruise, those expenses were lost. Obviously if you get to sail, it’s not an issue, but if you don’t…. The flights were also handled from the US and I was given false information regarding cabin allowances which I had to pay extra for. They did suggest I could cancel and lose all payments made… which I wasn’t impressed with.

I won’t mention the tonic water! lol

• Like 2