Shareholder credit taking forever

soccermom4

I submitted a request for shareholder credit back in October (for a March cruise).  Got an auto-receipt saying received.  Heard nothing.  Sent another one (same cruise) 12/12/22 and again got the auto-receipt.  Have gotten nothing else.  Is this normal?  Is there a number I can call to discuss/expedite?  Plenty of time until the cruise. I'd just like to get it off my "to-do" list.  Carnival processed requests for a cruise in June quite quickly.

It is also possible it has been applied and they just did not send you an email confirmation.  Get HAL or your TA to send you a copy of the cruise confirmation document.  You will see if the shareholder credit has been applied.

Our experience was similar to 510picket's.  We applied (a few weeks ago) for credit for a couple of upcoming cruises.  We specifically asked for an e-mail confirmation (this does not always work).  Received e-mails within a few hours confirming our credits had been applied.

Hank

I never get a confirmation from Cunard, and half the time the credit doesn't make it to the ship (I travel with hard copy in case I have to fight with the front desk.) But HAL always gets the credit done and confirms it. I do always ask for a confirmation. Earlier this month, I got the auto response in a few minutes and a specific confirmation a few minutes after that. Fastest response yet.

You need to call them.  I faxed mine on 12/5 and asked for confirmation.  I finally called 12/27 and HAL rep said that they hadn’t received it so I e-mailed the request and received confirmation the same day.  She said that more people are e-mailing the requests these days.

10 hours ago, soccermom4 said:

I submitted a request for shareholder credit back in October (for a March cruise).  Got an auto-receipt saying received.  Heard nothing.  Sent another one (same cruise) 12/12/22 and again got the auto-receipt.  Have gotten nothing else.  Is this normal? 

I havent had a problem, and like most everyone else, I get my credit within a day. How did you submit your current shareholder documents? I usually email them my proof of shareholder stock to world_cruise_reservations@hollandamerica.com along with my booking number and mariner number. I would email them again , just use the email i just gave you and resend..

oh, and in the subject text of your email, I always put something like 'Trade confirmation for OBC for booking ABCDEF  please' and put the same thing in the email and then attach my shareholder proof. good luck, third time is a charm?

Edited by tuolumne couple

If you fax:  It’s best to have everything on one page so there is no danger of separation of multiple pages.  My shareholder proxy has the number of shares at the bottom so I fold it so the names and number of shares take up half and my name, dates and booking number along with my contact information are on the other half of my request.  Be sure the number of shares is evident on your paperwork, it’s now at the bottom of the proxy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

Be sure the number of shares is evident on your paperwork, it’s now at the bottom of the proxy.

good comment. the number of shares and thereof is key. and oh boy I wish i had bought in when it was $8 a share as it is today..but that is okay, we have gotten a lot of OBC out of it over the years.

Edited by tuolumne couple
  • Like 1

Had a nice conversation with the real person at the World Cruise Reservations number.  Apparently, the system thought an email confirmation had been sent to me back in October when I first submitted.  However, the real person could see that it never actually got sent.  She went ahead and manually sent me the confirmation for my records.  Check that item off my "to-do" list.

• Like 5