You win the laugh award of the day.

I wonder which drive manufacture sponsors these questions? 😄

On 1/4/2023 at 2:48 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

It's gotta be Seagate!

Maybe it's this one:

1285195298_old_harddisk-small.jpg.23de7cf4006a6dd82d7a58154808af65.jpg

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Hey...my first "real" job was business systems repair.  When PCs first came out I remember installing disks similar to that..at that kind of price!  (That doesn't date me does it...?)

Our first PC was one our oldest son bought from a friend. The friend had just purchased a fantastic new system that even had full color. ((We had had an Apple II+ and a Laser128 (Apple II e/c clone with 128k) before because the schools used them and that's what our son thought he wanted.)) The PC had a 4.25" floppy drive, a 3" floppy drive, a big 40MB hard drive, and a Full Megabyte of RAM!!!. It ran at a "screaming" 16 MHz - we were asked if it was overclocked to be that fast. 😎

When I got my first computer I got it with a 340 MB hard drive. A friend was boggled and asked what I was going to do with a "black hole" that huge.  Times have certainly changed. I do remember seeing a hard drive that was in an enclosure maybe a foot square - possibly a bit larger - but never owned such a thing.

The other day I was digging in my desk drawer for something and came across my old Floppy Disk Punch. It punched a square notch in the side of a low density 4.25" floppy and allowed you to turn the disk over and use the other side since the only real difference between a High Density disk and a Low Density disk was the lack of that notch. They used the same floppy inside the casing no matter how they labeled and sold the things. Kind of like the 386 SX and the 386 DX. Same chip with the SX but they didn't burn the tracer to enable the onboard math co-processor. Lame. Very lame.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cavecreekguy said:

I would like to thank everyone who provided helpful information. I'm a new shareholder and emailed my request yesterday based on the instructions in this thread. I initially received an auto-reply email indicating "due to current high volumes, please allow up to 21 days for processing".

Today I received an updated booking confirmation from Princess with my credit listed. I'm very pleased.

Me too!  Sent in on Monday and it was there today.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2023 at 10:58 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

I just send this via email:  ('sbpcl@princesscruises.com' with my stock proof attached)

I am requesting the shareholder’s Benefit.  I have purchased the required 100 shares of CCL and offer up the following supporting information as noted on the Shareholder Benefit webpage.

100 shares purchased (see attached brokerage report)

Name:                       

Booking Number:       

Ship:                          

Sail Date:                   

Name

Address

Phone

MUCH easier than trying to use that dumb form!  People who design these forms rarely go through the motions of actually filling them out!  Field lengths are never long enough unless you write microscopically!

Thank you for this info! I have the form but will email my stock information instead of faxing, which seems much easier. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, tipofthehook said:

As a person new to this shareholder benefit, taking a look at the actual form is helpful in that you’ll note that the benefit is tiered to length of cruise and only applicable to sailings of 6 days or more.

OBC from CCL Stock – One Per Cabin

Sailings of 6 days or fewer $50

Sailings of 7 - 13 days $100

Sailings of 14 days or more $250

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 6:11 PM, Thrak said:

OBC from CCL Stock – One Per Cabin

Sailings of 6 days or fewer $50

Sailings of 7 - 13 days $100

Sailings of 14 days or more $250

Thank you, Thrak for the correction! Yes, all voyages qualify. Sorry about that erroneous information in my post. 

• 3 months later...

curious… have used our ccl stock option for multiple cruises.  I am happy to see that they now accept an email.  never did before.  my question is. our upcoming World cruise is actually 5 segments. gee do we get our obc five times? we should… but kind of think we don’t.  Anyone know? 

4 minutes ago, glhman52 said:

curious… have used our ccl stock option for multiple cruises.  I am happy to see that they now accept an email.  never did before.  my question is. our upcoming World cruise is actually 5 segments. gee do we get our obc five times? we should… but kind of think we don’t.  Anyone know? 

You're unlikely to get five credits as you're booked under a single reservation.

Doesn't hurt to ask, but you're likely going to need five reservations.

as they now list an email address, I just sent off a query.  I am thinking you are correct.

just got an auto response from Princess which tells me, no answer available… 

Edited by glhman52