Does the classic drink package include everything in the Zero Proof Package? (New to Celebrity)

binro01

We are about to book our first Celebrity cruise, and we were wondering if the Classic drink package includes everything in the Zero Proof Package, except for smoothies as per the Celerity web site.

The compare package page is kind of useless. We were thinking about booking one last year, and it specifically made a difference between the Classic and Premium when it came to bottled water, energy drinks, and fresh OJ. Are they still excluded from the Classic package? 

I see the compare tool has eliminated the the non-alcohol section for each alcohol beverage package so I agree that it is not helpful.  The Classic alcohol package does NOT (at least in the past) include smoothies and premium bottled water (Evian, Perrier, San Pellegrino).  I can't recall but there might be a few other premium non-alcoholic drinks that are not included (like Red Bull or the fresh juices).  

First, if you are thinking of buying a alcohol drink package it may be WAYYYY cheaper to get the AI when you consider gratuities, etc.

ALSO, the last time I looked at my cruise planner (which was after the change in packages) it said the Classic package INCLUDED Zero-Proof and zero proof has the fancy waters and frozen smoothies, etc.

At the moment I think there is still complete confusion at Celebrity about what includes what.  Inconsistency across their website and I would not trust what the agents say.

• Like 2

FYI, this is from the Classic Package in Cruise Planner.

What's Included

• Vodkas: Absolut and flavors, New Amsterdam, Smirnoff, Tito’s
  • Whiskeys: Dewar’s White Label, Famous Grouse, Jim Beam, Johnnie Walker Red, Monkey Shoulder, Seagram’s VO
  • Rums: Bacardi, Captain Morgan’s, Kraken Black Spiced, Malibu, Myer’s, Wray & Nephew
  • Tequilas: Don Julio Blanco, Teremana Blanco
  • Beers: Alaska Brewing beers on Alaska sailings. Coors Light, Corona, Franziskaner, Heineken, Kirin, Kirin Light, Miller Lite, Moretti, Newcastle Brown Ale, Strongbow hard ciders, Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra
  • Gins: Beefeater, Gordon’s, Praire Gin
  • Zero Proof: Acqua Panna water, Evian water, San Pellegrino, Premium coffees, Red Bull & Editions, Sodas, Premium teas, Vitamin water, Bottled Iced Teas, Aqua Spa Fresh Juices, Zero Proof Cocktails Frozen & Non-Frozen
  • Liqueurs and Cognacs: Campari, Galliano, Hennessy VS, Kahlua, Licor 43, Ouzo, Romana Sambuca, Southern Comfort, Tia Maria
  • A large selection of wines from various regions around the world, including California, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Argentina, Chile and Australia

Important details and advisements

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

ALSO, the last time I looked at my cruise planner (which was after the change in packages) it said the Classic package INCLUDED Zero-Proof and zero proof has the fancy waters and frozen smoothies, etc.

Hmm, I see that in my cruise planner too. That would definitely be a change to the Classic package unlike what I wrote upthread. Or it's a misprint.

14 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

At the moment I think there is still complete confusion at Celebrity about what includes what.  Inconsistency across their website and I would not trust what the agents say.

That's a great change (that doesn't appear to be reflected on the website yet)!  

Edited by prmssk

I am happy to see this thread as I have the same question.

This is what the FAQ says is included in the Classic Package;

The Classic Drink Package includes an incredible array of beers, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass for up to $10 per serving. This package also included a 15% discount on all wines by the bottle.

This description does not even mention soft drinks.

The FAQ does list soft drinks for the Premium Package. This is very confusing.

I just found this statement on Celebrity's website:

For just $20 more a day, you can extend your Classic choices to include non-alcoholic staples too, like morning coffee from Cafe al Bacio or a green juice at The Spa Cafe & Juice Bar. Cool off at the pool with an ice-cold Coca-Cola, plus enjoy unlimited water in one of our recyclable aluminum bottles.

This sounds like the classic package does not include soft drinks, etc. Would this be a change? 

8 minutes ago, seatrial said:

I just found this statement on Celebrity's website:

For just $20 more a day, you can extend your Classic choices to include non-alcoholic staples too, like morning coffee from Cafe al Bacio or a green juice at The Spa Cafe & Juice Bar. Cool off at the pool with an ice-cold Coca-Cola, plus enjoy unlimited water in one of our recyclable aluminum bottles.

This sounds like the classic package does not include soft drinks, etc. Would this be a change? 

That would be a huge change.  Where are you seeing this?

When I read in the drink package of my cruise planner, it has an entire “zero proof” section listed in the Classic Package description. There it says it includes coffee, teas, premium bottled waters, juices, etc.  

It seems like this has gotten really confusing after all the changes! I’ll be curious to see how it shakes out on my sailings next month. I have a B2B on Apex. On the first leg I have the premium non alcoholic package (purchased before all of the changes) and on the second leg I have the classic package. Planning to be flexible and see how it goes. Hoping the new descriptions are accurate and I get my coffees and teas with the classic package, just as described in the new wording. I know they were previously included, so I’m hopeful Celebrity wouldn’t have just stopped including them for me after the fact. It seems like all should be well.

Edited by MamaToMany

I posted this on another thread... this is what i see for each package for my sailings next year.

Classic: ($89 per day)

• Non-Alcoholic: Nonpremium bottle water, Premium coffees, Juices, Sodas, Premium teas

Premium: ($109 per day)

• Non-Alcoholic: Premium bottled water, Acqua Panna water, Evian water, San Pellegrino, Premium coffees, Juices (fresh, bottled), Red Bull, Sodas, Premium teas, Honest iced teas, Matcha teas, Vitaminwater

Zero Proof ($30 per day)

• Refresh with premium bottled water from Evian, Perrier, San Pellegrino, & Panna, Specialty Coffees & Organic Teas, Red Bull Energy Drink, Frozen Smoothies, Zero Proof Cocktails, Coca-Cola selections, offerings from Vitamin Water, and Bottled Iced Teas.

19 minutes ago, seatrial said:

I am seeing the statement I posted earlier regarding the $20 additional fee (which is basically upgrading to Premium package) at:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/ultimate-guide-celebrity-cruises-perks

Thanks for the link.  I agree with your read of that blog post (which is on the official Celebrity website).  

However, when I log in to my cruise planner for my May cruise, in the description of the Classic Alcohol package, I see the following about the non-alcohol beverages included in the classic package (which is different than what @poffles posted above):

• Zero Proof: Acqua Panna water, Evian water, San Pellegrino, Premium coffees, Red Bull & Editions, Sodas, Premium teas, Vitamin water, Bottled Iced Teas, Aqua Spa Fresh Juices, Zero Proof Cocktails Frozen & Non-Frozen

(The language about zero proof drinks is identical for both the premium and classic packages in my cruise planner.)

The comparison of the two drink packages on the website is completely missing any reference to non-alcohol drinks for either package, except a small reference that smoothies are not included on the classic package.

That really is clear as mud. 

2 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Thanks for the link.  I agree with your read of that blog post (which is on the official Celebrity website).  

However, when I log in to my cruise planner for my May cruise, in the description of the Classic Alcohol package, I see the following about the non-alcohol beverages included in the classic package (which is different than what @poffles posted above):

(The language about zero proof drinks is identical for both the premium and classic packages in my cruise planner.)

The comparison of the two drink packages on the website is completely missing any reference to non-alcohol drinks for either package, except a small reference that smoothies are not included on the classic package.

That really is clear as mud. 

Omg that is bad!

14 hours ago, stellarose said:

can I get a frozen drink on classic? yes? I am good. I need my Miami vice. 

Do you mean something like a Frozen Daiquiri?  Probably yes, but I think we'll have to wait to until February to get the real answer.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

First, if you are thinking of buying a alcohol drink package it may be WAYYYY cheaper to get the AI when you consider gratuities, etc.

And this confusion is shared by the bartenders on the Solstice right now. 🤷‍♀️

12 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

It is still a mess and may not get straightened out until February or possibly latter.

If you have a cruise in January, it may require arguments with the staff to get what you think you bought.

This is especially true for my niece who has the Zero Proof package in the Solstice right now. I think some of the bartenders don’t want the hassle of making frozen drinks. I sent her this screenshot from a previous Cruise Critic thread to show them:

8F980F6B-34E9-41FD-A408-72C39130E3AD.png