Multiple Booking Confirmations!!

Mimiya11

So we booked a Feb cruise directly on the Celebrity site and got a confirmation, booked in full.  All good. 

Then an hour later got another confirmation, completely wrong with a large balance showing.  Called Celebrity fixed!

This morning, got a move up offer with yet another copy of my booking with a balance!   

Then after calling Celebrity this morning about another matter regarding my cabin, I got another booking confirmation with the 2nd incorrect one again.  

What is going on?     Annoying having to keep calling and holding to fix their mistake.   

They must be having issues with their accounting..I just checked my balance  due  coming up for our April Cruise and its 500.00 more then the invoice i received 6 weeks ago very strange.

I will check again in a few days and call them next week and wil have to get it adjusted

I booked a cruise for March 2023 about 2 weeks ago, I paid in full. Two days later I got a email saying I owed 294.00 so I paid that as well, now I have a balance of -294.00, I have no idea what they are doing, sorry I can't help. 

There have been a lot of strange things happening lately, but ret assured, it will keep happening, so get everything straightened out before you cruise.  Then check your OBC on board to make sure it is correct.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/29/2022 at 6:13 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Just make sure to have a copy of your invoice with you anyway..

30 minutes ago, dgparent said:

I booked a cruise for March 2023 about 2 weeks ago, I paid in full. Two days later I got a email saying I owed 294.00 so I paid that as well, now I have a balance of -294.00, I have no idea what they are doing, sorry I can't help. 

That sounds like it could be an insurance amount?  I would double check your original confirmation and how much was due.   It happened to us last spring - my balance dropped just before final payment. Somehow, somewhere my insurance got dropped so I contacted X and got it fixed and paid the full amount

Just now, Dar & Bob said:

That sounds like it could be an insurance amount?  I would double check your original confirmation and how much was due.   It happened to us last spring - my balance dropped just before final payment. Somehow, somewhere my insurance got dropped so I contacted X and got it fixed and paid the full amount

I did not buy insurance so I doubt that was it. 

2 minutes ago, Mimiya11 said:

Ok then....they are clearly having annoying accounting issues.   

Guess I will call them yet again before I actually check in so there are no surprises at boarding.  Kind of ridiculous.    

Not so sure it's accounting - I've been told it is an IT issue.  When they took away some packages and replaced them with others things just disappeared.  Upon calling they are still in the system just not showing to the passenger.  Celebrity really needs an update but heaven help us when they do 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dar & Bob said:

Not so sure it's accounting - I've been told it is an IT issue.  When they took away some packages and replaced them with others things just disappeared.  Upon calling they are still in the system just not showing to the passenger.  Celebrity really needs an update but heaven help us when they do 🙂

My satire joke, the marketing dept poached the IT's dept's budget again...lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Dar & Bob said:

In March we were delayed at the port (we were in a SS and at their suite check in area) as they said there was a balance due.  Imagine!  My husband was quite humiliated.  Thank goodness we had the invoice to prove it.   Think they comped us on something as an apology.     

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mimiya11 said:

Me neither.   Since we booked so close to the cruise we had to pay in full which we did and the first booking confirmation showed 0 balance.  

Same here it was less than 90 days till the cruise when I booked. We are well not younger, in our 50's and do not buy the insurance. We also have 2 days to get to FLL, so we can drive if the weather cancels our flight (won't be any fun but we could still make the cruise)

12 minutes ago, dgparent said:

I did not buy insurance so I doubt that was it. 

Gratuities is the one they usually get wrong, as they often add the liability before they apply any inclusive packages, so it looks like they are owed, until the bundled elements of AI are unbundled…

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:

What is going on?     Annoying having to keep calling and holding to fix their mistake. 

IMHO this is par for the course with Celebrity.  They have an excellent product; however, their backoffce leaves a lot to be desired.

We always book cruises through a TA.  A good one will know who to contact to get these kind of issues rectified.