How Do I Check Pre-Purchased Items For My Booking?

Daniel A

When I first booked an upcoming sailing in 2021, I purchased the laundry package and ordered distilled water.  Subsequently, HAL changed the ship for our sailing, and I have an e-mail from HAL saying they have refunded the laundry package purchase because of the change.  It's been so long since I booked this cruise, I don't remember if I re-ordered the Laundry Package or the Distilled Water for the sailing on the replacement vessel.  I tried to look it up on my booking on the website and I don't see anywhere where I can see a list of pre-purchased items.  How can I check on this?  I don't want to get doubled billed by ordering them again if I already have them on the booking.

Thanks in advance.

38 minutes ago, Nodakboiler said:

Check on your itinerary and see if they appear on Day One

Thank you.  I don't see either, but I do see the upgraded WiFi package.  Do you know if I can purchase the laundry package once onboard using OBC?  I just sent a second request for the distilled water.

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Thank you.  I don't see either, but I do see the upgraded WiFi package.  Do you know if I can purchase the laundry package once onboard using OBC?  I just sent a second request for the distilled water.

Yes to the laundry package onboard with OBC

• Like 2

Apparently, when HAL changed ships for the cruise, they treated the original cruise as if it was cancelled.  The must have cleared everything as they considered that the cruise no longer existed.  They then moved us over to the bigger ship with a new booking number, and nothing else booked.  I'm just glad to see they didn't raise the price of anything I purchased under the previous booking number.

Although $6 a day for laundering is a good deal if you have many things to wash each day, I am curious what type of laundry you will send out... every day? 

We have used the laundry service once or twice during a 7-14 day cruise.  That's only because it was free. Otherwise we may not have had any laundry done.  During those times, the laundry consisted mostly of my husbands things.  After one bad experience, I didn't dare send anything out for laundering except for maybe a pair of jeans and some socks (on a cold weather cruise.)  The ships laundry is too harsh for any evening clothes, and even many day clothes. The one time that I did include some Capri's, shirts, etc., they came back ruined! Faded shirts, cotton pants shrunk, etc.  My husband has had his boxers and socks washed where they came back all in one clump, as if they were washed and dried in the same bag...not even folded.  His golf shirts and shorts smell off and are stiff after being sent out.

I hand wash my delicates and let them dry over night.  

BTW- Not trying to be snarky.  I really am curious if I might be missing something. 😉

Edited by Iamthesea

29 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Although $6 a day for laundering is a good deal if you have many things to wash each day, I am curious what type of laundry you will send out... every day? 

I've found that in hot/humid areas it's nice to come in from the day, shower and dress for dinner, and send out those things I wore that day. 
Doesn't come close to filling the bag, but is so nice to have just one sundress and one set of undies come back the next day all fresh and ready to be worn again. 

I wouldn't send out so little if I were paying the full bag rate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's my point, Ruth.  I understand the concept, but when we have sent out clothes, they in no way come back smelling fresh and ready to be worn again.  I can remember trying to iron one of DH's shirts with my hair straightening iron.  LOL 

I guess we are picky about our laundry.  Special laundry soaps, plus I rarely dry anything.  Most of our clothes are hung to dry and then can be tossed in the dryer with a wet cloth if they have wrinkles.  Or pressed.  DH sends his dress shirts out to the cleaners.

Edited by Iamthesea