Port Canaveral Hotel (no shuttle/no parking)

handbellplayer

I have searched thorough pages and pages and haven't found the answer to this question.  We have always stayed at the Radisson because it included parking and a shuttle to the port, but it has gotten VERY expensive.  On our November cruise out of PC, we stayed in a AirBnB with another couple pre-cruise and parked at Park Port Canaveral and were very happy with their service.  I am looking for a decent PC hotel that doesn't include parking and shuttle. We have literally  never stayed at any PC hotel other than the Radisson.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

12 minutes ago, Capt_BJ said:

875367176_PortCHome2.jpg.303f0742b384ff04ce6e65dd42149485.jpg

image.thumb.png.610617138dcb75834c7c013099e54622.png

much newer property - one building with Home2suites and Hampton sharing common center / desk / pool etc.  Shown in relation to Radisson . . 

Thanks - Noticed them the last time we were down there, but didn't remember the names.  I'll check them out.

We always stayed there too, and switched it up this last time. We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites, which is still by Radisson. But we found it much nicer. Plus, we got the rate that did include breakfast and it was much better (and cheaper) than the other Radisson hotel. I will also say, when we were there in  November we walked by the other Radisson, and there was major construction going on underground in front of it. But no idea what was going on.

• Like 1

We've stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Cruise Port twice and will again next week.  It's fairly new, right on Astronaut Blvd by the cruise port and includes free help yourself breakfast (except they'll cook  your eggs for you if you ask).  You can get a room with a view of the cruise port if you want to pay a few bucks extra. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at the Radisson last year and the King room was atrocious. Looked like a horror film. With that said - I just called to book for April for Country Inn. They are STOPPING all cruise and park/shuttle packages there.  That is really crappy news. Hotel said they were building another hotel and the parking lot won't be accessible. So after 4/1 - no more packages.  

I checked all the other hotels above.  Seems so expensive to have a hotel for one night and parking for most around $500.  Very price gouging. So now I may book again at the horror film hotel and try and a suite and hope it's nicer than last time. Still much more affordable than the other hotels. 

• Like 1

The last few cruises we’ve been staying in the Titusville area. It’s right off I-95 has Fairfield Inn and Hampton Inn that we liked. It’s an easy drive to parking and less expensive than having to be right in Port Canaveral. 

• Like 1

Our main goal for a "night before" hotel is to get a good night's rest, We stay in Titusville (Usually Quality Inn). It's  convenient to pick up wine and whatever we need precruise and a quick drive to port   (I know you don't need parking, but some reading this might - we have used Park-n-cruise on Merritt Island  many times over the years- they are reasonable and you know where your car is (unlike some of the park/sleep deals)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vacation...Yes said:

We’ve never sailed out of Port Canaveral. I’d rather stay in that area with a short ride to the port on embarkment day. Is there a Walgreens or CVS by any of the hotels by the cruise port? Thanks everyone.

There are some close by, but I don't believe there are any within walking distance.  And it's a pretty busy road to walk anywhere.  Sorry - we've always had a car there - maybe someone else can help.

Also, I am the OP and I thought I'd let all of you helpful folks know what we decided.  I figured out that we can stay and park at the Radisson for no more than staying in Titusville and parking off-site. Our circumstances are the reason.  We are doing a B2B on Mariner for nine days and leaving on a Thursday (so spending Wednesday night) and weekdays are much less expensive than Fridays or Saturdays.

Thanks to everybody who responded with your helpful suggestions - I will keep them in mind for the next time we sail out of PC!