Charge/Use of Princess OBC?

PaperSniper4

On 1/1/2023 at 9:42 AM, disneyochem said:

I have been able to book shore excursions on a number of upcoming cruises using OBC (both refundable and non refundable).  I select the tour, add to cart and then during the payment process the cost is deducted from the OBC.

One note though—both my hubby and I will have OBC but one of us will have more based on the shareholders credit.  I have been unable to use my excess OBC to pay for hubby’s tour if he has used up his OBC.  Doesn’t seem to be a way of transferring OBC to another’s account.

I guess the airport shuttles are not considered an excursion, but I can't figure out why. Princess was unwilling to charge our two RT airport shuttles to our OBC.  I know I could have waited to book the return to airport shuttle once on board, but I didn't bother.

Doug

On 1/1/2023 at 10:32 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

When you get to the checkout/payment page when reserving an excursion don't just whiz through the screens!  There should be a radio button to select if you want to use OBC.  I just did this a few nights ago.  Unless you are looking for it (which I was, this time) you could easily miss it since it is NOT the default.

That's find for regular tours, I understand that. But, according to Princess, could not be done by me online, my TA had to book the shuttles.

Roger that, no refund for the stock ownership*.

Anyone know about the military appreciation OBC? Or the OBC given by the TA for booking with them?

Doug

*Seems only fair. I bought my 100 shares near the all time high in the mid/60s. It's today worth about $11 a share. 😩 However, I am grateful CCL still voted to continue the ownership OBC, trust me, I'll take whatever I can get!

I just went through and deleted and re-booked several shore excursions to get them using the credits that I have available.  It seems to have probably worked.  In each case I got the green "Credit applied" indication at the end of the rebooking.

I'm assuming that the ones I cancelled will result in refunds to the original payment method... eventually. 

I started with the last shore excursion at the end of the cruise figuring if I messed things up enough I would have time to unscramble it later... and worked forward... until we had used up most of the credits. 

Two things I noticed to watch out for...

(1)  before cancelling and rebooking... check the "spots available" and the time - since some excursions have multiple time slots - make sure the shore excursion isn't sold out... it might result in someone from the waiting list being moved up and you lose it entirely.
(2) Check the price... I found one that had gone up... so I didn't rebook that one... but was able to use up most of the credits using other ones.

There didn't seem to be any way to verify that some of the rebooked excursions were now using the credits... they still showed as "available" after I went through all that.  If I had it to do over again, I would probably take screen shots of the payment pages showing that the credits were applied... if you try this, it might be a good idea. 

The page on my excursions page looked just the same after I cancelled and rebooked... as did the Travel Summary.  I suppose they may issue an amended one later showing the credits being used... but nothing yet... but it's only been a few hours so far. 

On 1/13/2023 at 5:52 AM, PaperSniper4 said:

Roger that, no refund for the stock ownership*.

Anyone know about the military appreciation OBC? Or the OBC given by the TA for booking with them?

Doug

*Seems only fair. I bought my 100 shares near the all time high in the mid/60s. It's today worth about $11 a share. 😩 However, I am grateful CCL still voted to continue the ownership OBC, trust me, I'll take whatever I can get!

military appreciation obc is refundable

• 2 weeks later...

PaperSniper4:  The same thing just happened to me.  I made reservations for six at the Crown Grill for an April cruise.  I was thinking I would use my onboard credit that I will have.  So I was surprised to see Princess already charged by credit card.   I made reservations in advance because the Crown Grill was completely booked once we boarded our last cruise.  

7 hours ago, loveschoc said:

PaperSniper4:  The same thing just happened to me.  I made reservations for six at the Crown Grill for an April cruise.  I was thinking I would use my onboard credit that I will have.  So I was surprised to see Princess already charged by credit card.   I made reservations in advance because the Crown Grill was completely booked once we boarded our last cruise.  

That is a concern, and why I booked our Crown Grill early. However, that's the only meal or tour I will book until we're onboard. I know there is a way to charge the OBC for tours, but I don't feel the need to book tours now. Trust me, we WILL find a way to not leave any OBC with the ship when we depart!😉