Mco to Port Canaveral cruise,,, stay in Orlando or get to Port

newtocruisingcdn

We are heading to Port Canaveral in June,,, arriving mid day on a Friday… we are trying to figure whether best value to take a shuttle from airport to Port on Friday. Or stay in Orlando and head out Sat. Morning…… r hotels cheaper in Orlando or Port (Reccomendations). Transportation options 

txs

39 minutes ago, newtocruisingcdn said:

We are heading to Port Canaveral in June,,, arriving mid day on a Friday… we are trying to figure whether best value to take a shuttle from airport to Port on Friday. Or stay in Orlando and head out Sat. Morning…… r hotels cheaper in Orlando or Port (Reccomendations). Transportation options 

txs

There are shuttles in Orlando that will pick you up at certain hotels the morning of the cruise & take you to the port for around $30.00 per person one way, they will also pick you up after the cruise to take you to the airport for the same price. The trip to the port is 45 minutes or more to the port, depending on traffic, then there is also the traffic at the port leaving and coming to deal with.

• Thanks 1

I like the idea of staying overnight in either Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach so I normally rent a vehicle at MCO and drive over there the day prior to my cruise. On embarkation day I check out of my hotel, drop off family and luggage at Port Canaveral and return the rental. I then either use the rental car shuttle, cab, Uber Or Lyft back over to Port Canaveral.

Edited by Corby114
  • Thanks 1

Cruise Control, Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Cortrans are often suggested shared shuttle operators.  You can stay in either location, but the later in the day you arrive the fewer shuttle lotions you will find - or follow Corby's advice and rent a car one-way and then stay/dine/shop where you want; all of the car rental operations near the port will shuttle you to the port after you return the car.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Corby114 said:

I like the idea of staying overnight in either Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach so I normally rent a vehicle at MCO and drive over there the day prior to my cruise. On embarkation day I check out of my hotel, drop off family and luggage at Port Canaveral and return the rental. I then either use the rental car shuttle, cab, Uber Or Lyft back over to Port Canaveral.

We rented a car at MCO, the next morning we went to drop it off, it was over 45 minutes wait in line just to drop off the car. Outside was a large group of people waiting for the Budget shuttle to take them to the ship. Next week I am doing the same thing but I will drop the car off early hopefully beating the crowd trying to rent a car or drop one off. They only had 2 employees working. They would alternate, rent a vehicle, then check in a drop off. A person working said this crowd was nothing, normally they have lines outside of the building.

• 2 weeks later...