Mariner lunch on embarkation day

barbon2

I don't go there because the menu isn't that appealing. I think they serve a hamburger as one of the offerings so it's far from special. But, it's a nice quiet place for people to catch their breath after a hectic morning 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, albingirl said:

I don't go there because the menu isn't that appealing. I think they serve a hamburger as one of the offerings so it's far from special. But, it's a nice quiet place for people to catch their breath after a hectic morning 

Exactly!

• Like 1

I just boarded the Zaandam and went up to the MDR for lunch. They said “Mariner Society Lunch”? I said yes and they sat me at a table. Not sure why they said it that way, since everyone is a Mariner of some level, even those on their first cruise. 

I had the roasted cauliflower,  and the tomato bisque soup. Very delicious. That was enough lunch for me since I have the early fixed seating for dinner. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/2/2023 at 10:52 AM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I know that it isn't a special (better) menu. In fact, I think there have been fewer choices than other days on some cruises. For me, the attraction is that it's calm and quiet, without the kerfuffle of people trying to figure out the Lido for the first time. 

Yes!!! This is why I was disappointed to have been assigned a 3:00pm check in time... will miss a nice relaxing lunch to set the tone for the vacay!!