Sky Princess Dining and Internet Question

llarsen

Hi,

We will be on the Sky Princess Feb 25.

I booked the Standard package without perks. I planned on purchasing an internet plan...but I can not seem to find one to purchase on Princess website or Medallion app!

Do they make you purchase the perks package to get internet?

Also, I'm confused on the Main Dining Rooms. In the app I saw 3 to choose from Ceilo, Soieil and Estrella. I booked different ones for different nights and now I'm wondering if that was a mistake? 

Any input is appreciated.

15 minutes ago, llarsen said:

Hi,

I booked the Standard package without perks. I planned on purchasing an internet plan...but I can not seem to find one to purchase on Princess website or Medallion app!

Also, I'm confused on the Main Dining Rooms. In the app I saw 3 to choose from Ceilo, Soieil and Estrella. I booked different ones for different nights and now I'm wondering if that was a mistake? 

we are on the Sky in 2 weeks and we also did the 3 dining room booking (changing each night between the 3) and I’m fairly certain that is on purpose and the right thing you should have done.  Of course you also could have booked the same one for the entire cruise but a change of scenery each night for dinner is kinda cool

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, llarsen said:

Hi,

You can book the internet on the App.

Go to your cruise:

Move down,  look for:

Medallion Net  click on that

pick the plan 1 device or 4

devices

and purchase 

13 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

we are on the Sky in 2 weeks and we also did the 3 dining room booking (changing each night between the 3) and I’m fairly certain that is on purpose and the right thing you should have done.  Of course you also could have booked the same one for the entire cruise but a change of scenery each night for dinner is kinda cool

I am glad to hear someone else did this, lol. We used to cruise a lot, but so many things have changed since then. 🙂

11 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

You can book the internet on the App.

Go to your cruise:

Move down,  look for:

Medallion Net  click on that

pick the plan 1 device or 4

devices

and purchase 

Thanks so much for the instructions! The app drives me crazy. But I did as you said and it says "No Plans Available to Purchase". Maybe it will become available as I get closer to sail date. Thank you! Now I know where to find it. 🙂

15 minutes ago, llarsen said:

Thanks so much for the instructions! The app drives me crazy. But I did as you said and it says "No Plans Available to Purchase". Maybe it will become available as I get closer to sail date. Thank you! Now I know where to find it. 🙂

No problem.  It could be because, they are updating the prices on the website and App.  Not sure when this will be completed.  Just check periodically.

Okay, I think my edit button is going crazy.😳

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

No problem.  It could be because, they are updating the prices on the website and App.  Not sure when this will be completed.  Just check periodically.

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Edited by PacnGoNow

25 minutes ago, llarsen said:

I am glad to hear someone else did this, lol. We used to cruise a lot, but so many things have changed since then. 🙂

I don’t think a lot of folks go to different MDR’s every night, since they are basically the same.  It’s nice to pick the one most convenient for you.  We stay midship and forward, so we like the midship DR’s.

The food is the same in all 3 of the MDR’s.  It’s nice to get seated every night with the Maitre’d/DR Mgr and the crew gets to know you when you walk up. Guess it really is up to you.  You’ll get to know all 3 DR Mgr’s. 😁

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

All MRD's have the same menus with little difference in decor.

Cello is on deck 6 aft. Access is from the aft stairs or elevators on deck 7 or above. There is no connection from this DR to mid ship on deck 6 or 5. To get to mid ship or forward you have to go to deck 7 or above and walk to mid ship. Cello is a larger DR.

Soliel, deck 5 mid ship and Estrella, deck 6 mid ship are off the main Piazza area. They are the same and more convenient to other areas of the ship. Approximately half of Estrella DR is used for Club Class.

• Like 1

We are on Sky February 18. Regarding purchasing internet package. The Medallion app, medallion net link is still showing no internet plans available for purchase. I called Princess on this a week ago and was told the error message is due to a system enhancement. They also said pricing will be the same when fixed. Let’s hope. 🤞

8 minutes ago, philv said:

We are on Sky February 18. Regarding purchasing internet package. The Medallion app, medallion net link is still showing no internet plans available for purchase. I called Princess on this a week ago and was told the error message is due to a system enhancement. They also said pricing will be the same when fixed. Let’s hope. 🤞

That system enhancement has been going on for a couple of weeks already.

More like a pricing error. 😮

21 minutes ago, philv said:

Yup same thing was told to me that prices won't be increasing. It's been well over a month as I check daily so I can pre-purchase the internet. 

Currently, “Green Lane” for both DW and myself. I tried over the last 4/5 weeks to access Medallion Net to purchase wifi for 1 device. No Luck.  "No Plans Available to Purchase".  Also, I cannot order our medallions to be set to the house.  I think there a glitch in the app.  Going crazy!  I deleted the “old” app and downloaded a “new” app. Still -- no luck. 

I see the reply from philv @philv  stating he talked to princess.  “The error message is due to enhancements to the system”.  Good to know.  Again, this problem has been going on for over 4/5 weeks.  Princess -- please get your act together!  Some cruisers suggested I contact askoceanmedallion@carnival.com.  Is this correct?  Any suggestions.   Or should I contact someone else? John

57 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

We booked all three dining rooms also.   Wanted to try them all.  I know it is only a decor and location thing but still.

I didn’t realize all 3 menus are the same.  That’s a huge miss for Princess as they lost an opportunity for customer satisfaction.

We were on the Celebrity Edge in Mar 2020 (and again this coming Mar 2023) and they have 4 main dining rooms to pick from.  They do have standard items amongst the 4 but each also have their own unique menu each evening.

24 minutes ago, John99 said:

Currently, “Green Lane” for both DW and myself. I tried over the last 4/5 weeks to access Medallion Net to purchase wifi for 1 device. No Luck.  "No Plans Available to Purchase".  Also, I cannot order our medallions to be set to the house.  I think there a glitch in the app.  Going crazy!  I deleted the “old” app and downloaded a “new” app. Still -- no luck. 

I see the reply from philv @philv  stating he talked to princess.  “The error message is due to enhancements to the system”.  Good to know.  Again, this problem has been going on for over 4/5 weeks.  Princess -- please get your act together!  Some cruisers suggested I contact askoceanmedallion@carnival.com.  Is this correct?  Any suggestions.   Or should I contact someone else? John

Yes. That’s the correct address. I didn’t report it this time. Tired of all their errors every time they have an update. It’s

not a glitch…