Veuve

Cruiseingbug

On 1/2/2023 at 5:24 AM, ziggyuk said:

...several other occasions we were that we could only have Veuve by the glass...

We had this happen in a MDR on Epic last year. By the second glass they just left the bottle.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kirstys1 said:

when dining i order a bottle of proper champagne from the premium plus wine list and only order veuve by the glass at the bars, never had an issue except on the pool bars. 

Same. We were on the Bliss. I drank so much Veuve, they had it ready when they saw me coming. We are upgrading again on the Encore in 12 days. It is worth it to us since I think I need Veuve every time I sit down. 🙂

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 11:23 AM, ziggyuk said:

I asked for a meeting with the beverage manager to discuss the issues, she told me the Kraken rum was now deleted from NCL stock but she had a few and would get them to the atrium bar, also she would ensure the Hendrick's was also available there.
None of these things happened, and additionally the wine dispensers (only place to get decent wine outside the restaurants on the Breakaway) were constantly empty, I collared her again to express my disappointment and she did get the wine dispensers refilled but claimed there was no more Hendrick's or Kraken.
I did not ask for my money back and to be fair we did get value from the package, just not what I paid for or expected, I was planning on enjoying Monkey Shoulder gin but they had none.
The biggest issue for me was the constant fight to get anything, whenever I asked for a bottle of Champagne we always went through the same old script "How about Prosecco?", "We can do Champagne by the glass." and finally "Let me get the manager" by which time we had finished our food.

Just an FYI- Monkey Shoulder is a (bad) blended Scotch.

Monkey 47 is German Gin 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 11:29 AM, CruzinMel said:

I'm on Escape.now.  I haven't tried the dining rooms, but going from.bar to bar on the ship, not every one had Veuve.  In the buffet, the bartender looked at my card, told me all he had was Prosecco, and encouraged me to go to the places that had Veuve.  

When I sailed 02/22 on the Bliss it was available at every bar where I tried to get it.  When I sailed 09/22 (Getaway) and 12/22 (Epic)  both times I ended up checking with the Beverage Manager, each stated that the new policy for Veuve was "restaurant bars" only.  While annoying, I was able to get it at each of those bars.  

When you are at a MDR can you order two drinks at a time? We will be on the Epic in February and I'm considering upgrading to premium. My husband enjoys Caymus Cabernet which I saw listed on a menu by the bottle. With 40% off it becomes reasonable. Now adding in the use of starbucks and Veuve seems more worth it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mickeyhereicome said:

When you are at a MDR can you order two drinks at a time? We will be on the Epic in February and I'm considering upgrading to premium. My husband enjoys Caymus Cabernet which I saw listed on a menu by the bottle. With 40% off it becomes reasonable. Now adding in the use of starbucks and Veuve seems more worth it. 

Also you can get with the upgraded package freshly squeezed oj if that is something that you like. And sparkling water by the bottle (Pellegrino) instead of a glass of random fountain soda type of club soda.

Edited by European_CruiseGirl

9 hours ago, mickeyhereicome said:

I personally would not take the package on the basis of one drink, when we were on board there were so, so many things out of stock including two drinks I have pre planned to order. You have to ask yourself if it's still value to you if there turns out to be no Caymus Cabernet onboard.
Maybe contact people currently onboard via their roll call to check availability.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 5:45 AM, smillerholmes said:
On 1/2/2023 at 11:29 AM, CruzinMel said:

I'm on Escape.now.  I haven't tried the dining rooms, but going from.bar to bar on the ship, not every one had Veuve.  In the buffet, the bartender looked at my card, told me all he had was Prosecco, and encouraged me to go to the places that had Veuve.  

When I sailed 02/22 on the Bliss it was available at every bar where I tried to get it.  When I sailed 09/22 (Getaway) and 12/22 (Epic)  both times I ended up checking with the Beverage Manager, each stated that the new policy for Veuve was "restaurant bars" only.  While annoying, I was able to get it at each of those bars.  

That is accurate for our 10/22 Breakaway cruise.  Veuve only in MDRs, SDPs and the bar between Taste/Savor and Cagneys/Moderno.

11 hours ago, laudergayle said:

That is accurate for our 10/22 Breakaway cruise.  Veuve only in MDRs, SDPs and the bar between Taste/Savor and Cagneys/Moderno.

TBH, the whole thing is just. . . odd. 

I got Veuve in restaurants, but also certain bars - it got to where I went bar hopping to test what I could find.  And then I drank so much that I didn't want any more, not even when we went to Le Bistro (although our sommelier gave us some fancy red that smelled to me like a wet dog, but tasted wonderful.)  We had no problems walking out with bottles of wine or Champagne after dinner, which was very, very nice, and before it was corrected I got to see how much those bottles cost because we purchased Premium Plus after we got on the ship, and a glitch in the computer didn't apply it to my account.  We got our money's worth after the third day.

My husband, who only drinks plain old Crown Royal and will accept no substitutes - not Hennessey, nor some Whistling Pig thing that was recommended - could find only one bottle of Crown on the ENTIRE ship - and we went to every bar.  Crown Royal isn't THAT special - but on the Norwegian Escape last week, the only bar that had it was the Atrium Bar on deck 6.  That includes the Haven Bar, so the location of the bar is not the thing.

It's really odd.